Perfect Union banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Military camouflage Camouflage Machine gun Military person Marines

Very interesting picture from a Ukrayinska Pravda article on June 7, 2022 of a Ukrainian marksman with a scoped U S M14 rifle. I'm not that familiar with the M14, but do own a 580 series Mini14 Ranch Rifle. Just curious, but does anyone know if the side mount scope base/mount in the picture is what was used in the 90s compared to more recent times? Apparently, according to what I was able to find on the web we gave the Baltic States Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia a lot of them in the 90s and they have interestingly made their way to Ukraine and are now being used by Ukraine to kill Russians, a good use for sure. I'm guessing the NATO countries are the source of the ammo since Ukraine uses mostly Russian weapons. The Ukrainians will clearly use whatever they have and use it as well as they can based on what we have seen so far. Don't know why, but this picture of a Ukrainian soldier using a a U S rifle to defend their country meant something to me. Maybe because our current political climate finds some Americans actually siding with Russia, something I simply can't understand. Would Americans do the same? Not sure . . . .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts