Perfect Union banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. So here is the deal, I have a Mini14 and I use to shoot it all the time. Up until a while ago I took it out to fire and noticed that it would only fire, but not eject the shell casing. (think of it as a bolt action). I looked around and found out that a part/piece went missing. I am not sure of what the part is called and have looked on the diagram at midway USA. I even called them to ask them and they didn't know what part it was either. I believe they might have the part there though. I have here a picture attached of my Mini14. If you look right infront the barrel (I think on the gas block or whatever it is called) you will see a hole. This is where that part that went missing was. I know it isn't the gas pipe piston because I took it apart and have it. Any ideas? Please help as I don't know who else to ask. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

file:///C:/Users/Chris/Documents/Mini14pic.htm

Also Please let me know if I messed up on the picture lol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You mapped a link to the picture on your hard drive. Can't do that here. You have to first upload the file to some place like dropbox and then map a link to the file at that location.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Gas port bushing?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
+1 on the above post. This is a common problem among those that open up the gas block for the first time. Without the bushing in place, your rifle is not going to cycle. It will perform as you describe. You can probably hear a rattle in the gas block if you shake the rifle, as the gas pipe is not secure without the bushing in place. The good news...these are not expensive. You might even consider an aftermarket bushing with a reduced inside diameter. This would reduce the distance of your ejected casings (if that's an issue)...;)

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I say you lost the gas bushing as well. It's small and can be dropped and lost. You need it to hold your barrel in place and it meters the gas that operates the op-rod. I highly recommend you not fire the rifle until it's replaced. If you get the urge to clean the gas block in the future, all you need is a spray can of carburator cleaner and shoot it into the gas tube. In reality, you rarely need to do that. The force of the shot fired (burning gases) tends to keep the bushing clear. kwg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.