Perfect Union banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a GB 14 in excellent condition except...

The front sight is rotated off center, clockwise - looking down the barrel, about 1/32" - 1/16". So, my question deals with bringing the sight back to 12o'clock. I've read lots of threads about the sight pin and a corresponding cut in the barrel. Will factory cut allow me to pop the current pin, rotate the sight back to 12 o'clock and reset a new pin?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Have you sighted it in? If barrel or sight is canted you're rear sight will need to be run over to center your POI. If rear sight is well centered don't mess with it. If it's off to side enough to bother you it might require barrel to be re-timed.

I had to re-time a Garand and an M14 clone, and also have an M1 Carbine that is turned on too tight. Annoys me like crazy. It's no more difficult to do that job right than it is to do it wrong.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you sighted it in? If barrel or sight is canted you're rear sight will need to be run over to center your POI. If rear sight is well centered don't mess with it. If it's off to side enough to bother you it might require barrel to be re-timed.

I had to re-time a Garand and an M14 clone, and also have an M1 Carbine that is turned on too tight. Annoys me like crazy. It's no more difficult to do that job right than it is to do it wrong.
Chilly, I agree... Just do it right. It just bugs me. Of the dozens of rifles Ive owned overmthe decades, this is the first time i'm noticing this issue. However, this rifle seems to have done it job for 22+ years, or maybe it's been in the back of each owner's safe because its off. Again, it bugs me.

No, I've not shot it yet so I don't know POI or if I'll have enough drift available. Guess I'm Putting the cart before the horse without shooting first. Realizing this issue for the first time, I remembered that my new 58x series Mini Thirty had to be adjustered a good bit. Rechecked it this morning. Sure enough, the front sight is rotated counter-clockwise a little. It adjusted OK and groups tight. Now the Thirty's sight will bug me.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts