Perfect Union banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ruger Mini-Thirty that was left to me a loss in the family . I dated the gun from Ruger's site and it was made in 1990 it has a fixed 4X32 scope mounted on it and the gun shoots well in the little I've tested it. No FTF or FTE issues and this was with steel case 7.62 ammo, I was debating on keeping it but I already have a Colt AR-15 5.56 so I'm thinking of offering it locally and would like an idea of its value. I would say it's in about 80% condition and it has the orig. 5 round mag. any ideas on value? Thanks for any input on this gun. Here's a few pic's of the gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay I see its hard to determine a value on this gun so let me ask. Is there a "Blue Book" for guns that I could refer to??

·
Registered
127 Posts
Considering you can buy a new Mini 30 with better front and rear sights and more importantly heavier barrel for $600-700, I would say ask for $500 and don't go lower than $400.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I got my stainless/polymer stock mini 30 with Ruger rings for $480. It is a 581 series gun with the 3 lobe front sight but the barrel is a straight 5/8ths. It appears to have been shot very, very little. I considered it to be a fairly good price so I could justify enhancerating it which I have done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That $500 figure is right where I was thinking, I might keep it but with the Colt AR-15 it really doesn't make sense. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Don't sell it. You will regret it in time and it's value will only increase, especially if our Second Amendment rights continue to evaporate. If you do sell it, keep a copy of this thread and look back on it in a few years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I would like to keep it but I already have a Colt AR-15 and ammo for both is nearly the same. That and the fact the Colt is very accurate make the Ruger the gun I'll probably end up selling. I also have a Chinese SKS that was pre ban and still packed in cosmoline that will have to be sold as well. The money will be split among family members after expenses are paid. Not something I want to do...Its something I have to do.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd tell your family they are worth in total $600. Pay them and keep them for yourself.

Current SKS prices are just under $300 and a used Mini 30 around $500 but from the pics it looks like there is some rust on it and it would probably fetch a bit less. As we have discussed your SKS in other threads I know it is of the same vintage as mine and I got my pair for $150 so you can argue that they are actually making money on the SKS.

Of course if you are really going to sell them I think you may make a few more dollars if you can clean up the Mini but probably no more than $750 in total for both.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With the SKS I have a offer from a buyer for $300 the Ruger 2 friends both willing to go the $500 for it, I just have to wait for one of my brothers to claim one of the 4 remaining guns. Then I'll know what will be for sale.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts