·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
It says…
replaced barrel
sending target
2 3/4” group at 100yards writ Hornady Black 7.62x39 123gr SST
Repair, proofed, safety function checked, range test and cleaning has been completed. Released for shipping.

Doesn’t say why they replaced the barrel, but there are before and after targets.
The before target group measured 3 1/2“, the after target group was 1 1/2”. Both fired at 50 yards.
I‘m guessing something was wrong with the original barrel. You make a million barrels, one or two of them are going to come out wrong.
I’m entirely satisfied with their customer service. They paid shipping both ways and obviously spend some time and money to make it right. Can’t wait to get it to the range.
Font Audio equipment Packaging and labeling Art Wood

Wood Font Art Circle Visual arts

Brown Wood Font Material property Handwriting

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Had a GREAT day at the range today with my Mini 30. I finally followed Sandog‘s advice and got an Ultimak rail. I’m super impressed with this piece. The original Ruger top piece was a bit off. The gap between pieces was off, as pictured earlier and the flat side of the piece wouldn’t lay flat on a glass table. We might call it catiwompus where I come from. :) The Ultimak fit perfectly and the gap on both sides was even. The clamp around the barrel was very secure and I can’t help but think it helps with barrel harmonics.
I put a Holosun dot on it, and installed a Harris #2 stud under the forend so I could use my Harris bipod as intended and the results were pretty spectacular. See pic below. At 100 yards I pretty consistently got 3-4” groups in the ten ring. I think I finally have this thing figured out. I’m swearing off of scopes on this rifle forever. They mount too high, as others have mentioned, and I could never get the mount to work like it’s supposed to. …but the Ultimak/Dot combination works like a charm. I think I’m going to take this rifle to an action rifle match next month and see how it performs through about 200 rounds of sand infused rapid fire shooting.
Automotive tire Air gun Machine gun Trigger Shotgun

101 - 110 of 110 Posts