Perfect Union banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I was out testing some different loads in my mini 14. Shot a lot of 1.25 to 1.50 groups at 112 yards, then tried my newest load of 25gr of AA2520 With a Sierra 65gr bullet and cci 400 primer. All went into R-P cases that were primer pocket sized, Flash holes debured, trimmed to .010 under max case length. They were then all matched to .5 gr max weight variation. I shot first group with a barrel so hot it couldn't be touched and lots of barrel heat mirage and got a .493 group. Quickly did a sight adj, reloaded and got a .632 group!!!!!! I'm prepping some brass now to go out and see if it was just a fluke or the real thing. Don't know what I'd do with a mini that shoots that good but I'm sure I can figure something out. Frank

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
That's great you have found a load that does extremely well for your mini! Mine also likes the 65 gr Sierra's as well with 22 gr Reloader 10. What col are you using? I think I have been using col of 2.250.

·
Banned
2,250 Posts
Great news, keep in safe and away from Ruger! If you ever need to send it back to Ruger for a simple repair like a firing pin, expect them to remove your accuracy as well. There is nothing Ruger hates more than an odd ball accurate Ruger firearm.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Great news, keep in safe and away from Ruger! If you ever need to send it back to Ruger for a simple repair like a firing pin, expect them to remove your accuracy as well. There is nothing more Ruger hates than an odd ball accurate Ruger firearm.
LOL,...I love it,....so true, saddly so true.:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts