Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i do away with the sling loops on my ranch rifle and just replace them with QD mounts ? none of my slings will fit the factory sling mounts. i dont want to cut off something that i will regret

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey hunter, I had the same problem so I mounted the Uncle Mikes QD sling swivels on my mini, but I went 1 step further. I wanted to mount a bipod, which requires a sling swivel stud in the forestock or a mini-14 adapter (another $35). So I also mounted the uncle mikes sling stud in the forestock. ( I used the machine screw with a very thin nut and lock washer, as it has to fit between my Hogue stock, and the forestock liner. I also had to grind off the extra threads, and used a drop of locktite blue. On the stock wood stock, you'd have to do a little counter bore job (fourstock end). There just isn't enough room in the mini for the wood screw type of stud.) The rear swivel just unscrews, and is the wood screw type. My Hogue came with the rear stud already in there. But if all ya want is the swivels, you can take out the minis with a pair of pliers, and use existing studs. So all ya need is the new swivels. Watch the Uncle Mikes sizes as some are the same 1" as the mini's. Hope this helps ya some.

·
Registered
110 Posts
PACHMAYR QD FLUSH SWIVELS
You can find them on Brownells web site.
Ya they are expensive, but there is no substitute,
unless you want to mount a bipod.
Have someone weld a 1.25" swivel loop on the left side of your lower gas block. Thats where it should be.
Your rear swivel should be moved to the left side of your stock.
You can also place a swivel on the left side of the stock forward of the magazine opening and use a ching or hasty sling.
I will post pictures of mine when I find time.
Go to this web site for info on the ching sling system.
http://home.netcom.com/~chingesh/chingsling.html

·
Registered
716 Posts
I used The Outdoor Connection's Padded Super Sling. It came with its own QD swivels - I used pliers to remove the factory loops and actually had to drill the existing studs as the hole cast in them is not a clean bore. I highly recommend this sling. The adjustment is very quick and simple and the padding is nice. $21.99. Check it at: http://www.OutdoorConnection.com
:ar15:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts