Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the most reliable aftermarket mag for the mini. I want to buy some but dont want to buy junk. Believe it or not I live within 20 miles of a Muslim compound that has people on trial for buying weapons for terroists. they even walk the compuond with AKs. I am not paranoid i want to get ready when it hits the fan:rapid:

·
Registered
16 Posts
VA hunter.. I bought some 10RD magazines from fourfourmag.com on the advice of a post on this forum. I purchased six of them for around $100.00. I have been very happy with the performance I have received from them. Of course nothing beats a factory magazine, but I am not as rich as Bill Gates either. All in all, I have tried to use all the input from this forum to make good sound decisions. I have not been steered wrong yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were PRO MAG brand magazines.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think that PMI/Federal Ordnance, John Masen, and of course Ruger factory mags are you're best bet for high caps, from what I have seen on this forum anyway. Any other opinions?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello VA,
Yes the Masen mags are high quality as are PMI. After that, I am not so sure. Ruger high Caps can still be found at various places. Gunbroker.com is where i have won a few auctions not for to cheap however....:)

Larry

:ar15:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
I agree with ya Grinch, I have also read some favorable post on ProMags. My PMI's are 3/8" taller than the no name's. More room at the bottom for a fully compressed spring.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I recently bought some USA 39rd mags and all of them to my surprise worked fine except two of them. I called USA mags they told me to send them back to them for replacement. In about two weeks I got three not two but three new mags. I havent had time to try them out in any of my mini-30s but they have a lifetime warranty and apparently the factory stands behind them. I would not want to trade them for my other mags, but they work well. Has anyone else had good luck with USA mini-14 mags?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts