Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hope that wasnt you in the first vid. That guy was an idiot. rolls like that do not happen, not to mention the safety issue with a loaded rifle pointed right at the cameraman during the roll.

·
†3AD† S.T.A.R.S. Delta 7
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope that wasnt you in the first vid. That guy was an idiot. rolls like that do not happen, not to mention the safety issue with a loaded rifle pointed right at the cameraman during the roll.
Actually, my main man. if you slow the video down to .15x you can clearly see that the muzzle was never pointed at the camera (nice try at trolling though but failure is what you achieved) and also they do happen. Its called a combat roll and it is used to go behind cover. Maybe you are out of shape and cant perform such athletic maneuvers nor maybe do you have the training to do so, but please don't be so hostile to someone just because you are jealous of their achievements. thank you have a good day.

·
†3AD† S.T.A.R.S. Delta 7
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BEST SHTF / ZOMBIE DEFENSE RIFLE - Page 1 - AR15.COM

So long as you do not repeat your mistakes from that thread I'll entertain this.

Beware; I was present at the World Trade Center the first 30 days straight. You were not.
No1 cares. I have architects and engineers and FDNY Personnel who agree with me. You cant prove your case the beams look like they were cut. END OF STORY.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I don't suppose you picked up any of the KCI 30 round mags, have you?

Ignoring the suckage that was USA magazines its not like you can order them anymore.

While I'm at it, ignoring the stunning lack of availbility of any Ruger firearm at the moment, the Mini-30 wasn't exactly the most common rifle at local shops either.

Something I wanted to mention in your ARFCOM thread before it got locked by you insulting everyone on the board including the owner, was that the Mini-30 has a somewhat better feed angle and feed ramp than the average AK47 imported into the CONUS.

So tell me, John. Why should I go out my way to buy and set up a Mini-30 like this?

·
†3AD† S.T.A.R.S. Delta 7
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't suppose you picked up any of the KCI 30 round mags, have you?

Ignoring the suckage that was USA magazines its not like you can order them anymore.

While I'm at it, ignoring the stunning lack of availbility of any Ruger firearm at the moment, the Mini-30 wasn't exactly the most common rifle at local shops either.

Something I wanted to mention in your ARFCOM thread before it got locked by you insulting everyone on the board including the owner, was that the Mini-30 has a somewhat better feed angle and feed ramp than the average AK47 imported into the CONUS.

So tell me, John. Why should I go out my way to buy and set up a Mini-30 like this?
I never said that. but you shouldn't go buy one. No i use pro mags which suck unless you know how to modify them so they work. The mini got a bad rep for having a pencil thin barrel and having horrible accuracy. the 581 series improved on this greatly. Also its lighter than a standard ar15 and more compact. More reliable and it hits harder in closer ranges. It is more accurate than ak47s. They arent entirely popular in gunshops because lots of people dont know about them or just go by what they heard from people who heard from someone else that didnt like them to begin with (ar fanboy.) I didnt insult anyone. You are all just thin skinned and get angry when I defend why the MINI 30 is the best SHTF rifle ever and use evidence to combat your claims the ar15 is better.

Lack of availability = sold out. I had to have my gun dealer order a mini 30 from the factory. I knew what I was looking for, what i was getting into and how to maximize my investment.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Not realy worth my time to post about, but I do own Mini 30 and 14, AR and AK, seems like some one came here just to start an argument.

·
†3AD† S.T.A.R.S. Delta 7
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a mini 30, ak47 clone, springfield m1a, bushmaster xm 15 e2s and I have a video showing my use of all of them and through my years of OWNING and USING these guns in harsh conditions (illinois weather) I am confident to say the mini 30 has performed best of all for a rifle with a 350m range.

No arguments just observation.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
good to see a USA mag worked so well, and, nice bump firing (or maybe it was not bump firing? :blink:).

Somebody please forward this video to the congress, to secure the mini-30's place on the ban list ( once banned, our mini-30's will be worth a lot of $$ :lol: )

:huh:

·
†3AD† S.T.A.R.S. Delta 7
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good to see a USA mag worked so well, and, nice bump firing (or maybe it was not bump firing? :blink:).

Somebody please forward this video to the congress, to secure the mini-30's place on the ban list ( once banned, our mini-30's will be worth a lot of $$ :lol: )

:huh:
Ha I like your style Its a Promag(USA). And it has been modified to feed reliably. Ruger mini 30s are not made full auto firearms. Thats all i can say as to the rate of fire :)

I dont care for it to be worth a lot of money because I dont plan on ever selling it :D

·
Backwoods Mountain Man
99 Posts
Actually, my main man. if you slow the video down to .15x you can clearly see that the muzzle was never pointed at the camera (nice try at trolling though but failure is what you achieved) and also they do happen. Its called a combat roll and it is used to go behind cover. Maybe you are out of shape and cant perform such athletic maneuvers nor maybe do you have the training to do so, but please don't be so hostile to someone just because you are jealous of their achievements. thank you have a good day.
You are an idiot. I spent 5 years in the Marine Corps, and I have never even once saw anybody use a combat roll to get behind cover or for any other manuver except for a very limited application in MCMAP. Also, why the hell do you jerk the trigger on every rifle in that video? Has noone every explained slow steady squeeze to you. Its something you should learn, and practice, even when your hearts pumping and rounds are coming back down range at you. As far as the Mini 30 being the best SHTF rifle made? Thats a very bold claim, that can't be backed up. I love my Mini 30 to death, but I've run M16A4's in the worst stuff imganiable, and they kept running. A quality AR is not the jam machine a lot of people believe. As far as it being more accurate than an AR? I doubt jt. Ive shot a lot of Mini 30's and alot of AR's, and a good AR will win an accuracy contest 9 times outta 10. Im not saying the 30 is a bad rifle, its actually the rifle I go to the most. But its not the tack driving, indestructible actioned zombie killer you try so hard to potray it as

Sent from behind my anvil in ye olde smithy

·
†3AD† S.T.A.R.S. Delta 7
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are an idiot. I spent 5 years in the Marine Corps, and I have never even once saw anybody use a combat roll to get behind cover. As far as the Mini 30 being the best SHTF rifle made? Thats a very bold claim, that can't be backed up. I love my Mini 30 to death, but I've run M16A4's in the worst stuff imganiable, and they kept running. A quality AR is not the jam machine a lot of people believe. As far as it being more accurate than an AR? I doubt jt. Ive shot a lot of Mini 30's and alot of AR's, and a good AR will win an accuracy contest 9 times outta 10. Im not saying the 30 is a bad rifle, its actually the rifle I go to the most. But its not the tack driving, indestructible actioned zombie killer you try so hard to potray it as

First of all thank you for the personal attack. Second i never claimed its a tack driver in its standard form. But if I want to go to accuracy systems I can get tack driving accuracy. A standard ar isnt a tack driver either, my accurized xm15e2s is. So there goes your "good ar will beat a mini in accuracy argument" (a good ar consists of upgraded barrel work.) I never said it was more accurate than an ar. In my video i say almost as accurate. So thanks for the misquote to use in your hostile attack against me. But it is lighter and more reliable with less maintenance. (Mini 30s are self cleaning) Besides its made of stainless steel. The ar is bigger and taller than the mini 30. Just the receiver is huge. At the end of the day. it has better close range penetration and punching power, it is more reliable and lighter and more compact. Making it the better SHTF gun. I dont care what military experience you have.

According to military professionals at The USA's M4 Carbine Controversy the m4 ar15 isnt the best shtf rifle.

Regardless of military experience, I have been using guns since I could walk. I got my first gun in 1993 and my first SKS when i was 14. I have been using all types of these guns in extreme climates (Illinois weather for ya) and the mini 30 has performed better than the rest. i dont care what your little nickel of 5 years worth of experience says. my 20 years of experience says that another gun than you chose is better. I served my Community as an EMT/firefighter for 3 years before I left to be a farmer and do what I love. Dont give me bs about service to the country cause I dont wanna hear it and it makes no bearing on how experienced you are with firearms.

Attachments

·
Backwoods Mountain Man
99 Posts
I'm not gonna argue about whos dick is bigger. You trust your experience in the field behind your house, Ill trust my experience down range in hostile enviroments, not to mention being a gun owner since the age of 5, around the same age as you. Thank you for your service as a fire fighter. Have fun training in fantasy land.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Being an old vet, all that rolling around would kill me before any bullet would. Nothing to do about it, just a cruel trick of natue, happens to everybody sooner or later. I'll trust concealment, stealth and steady aimed fire. Otherwise, it's Monday and I think I will partake of some red beans and rice. If you are not from Louisiana or Mississippi area you would not understand Anyway, my choice in 7.62 Russian is my old Tula Russian SKS. You cannot break it. My 5.56 choice was the tactical Mini with the circassion wood stock. Actually, another favorite is my Swiss K-31. A work of art and extremely accurate. Suprisingly, battle packs of original Swiss issue ammo is available and I have been stocking up. I do not know what it is, but the Swiss are good with firearms, watches and chocolate.. I'll be able to last for a little while. Wood and steel is my choice. I like a weapon you can touch and feel some connection to. it's a Zen thing. In the meantime, I may stock up on Advil in case I feel the urge to roll around the front yard. In the meantime, Jack Daniels will have to do.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I dont care what military experience you have.

According to military professionals at The USA's M4 Carbine Controversy the m4 ar15 isnt the best shtf rifle.

Regardless of military experience, I have been using guns since I could walk. I got my first gun in 1993 and my first SKS when i was 14. I have been using all types of these guns in extreme climates (Illinois weather for ya) and the mini 30 has performed better than the rest. i dont care what your little nickel of 5 years worth of experience says. my 20 years of experience says that another gun than you chose is better. I served my Community as an EMT/firefighter for 3 years before I left to be a farmer and do what I love. Dont give me bs about service to the country cause I dont wanna hear it and it makes no bearing on how experienced you are with firearms.
Took two threads to get that out of you.

Now, when you go into town and walk into someone else's home for the first time, you're supposed to take off your hat and introduce yourself, which you have done here. New people should at least try to listen before speaking around your elders, which you have not done.

Yeah, I read your FB page. We have more in common than you realize. It's just you seem to have no sense of manners or tact in communicating with fellow forum members. That's not so unusual in men 21 years of age. Just that there's guys on this board who have worked in the military or LE for far longer than you have been alive who don't agree with you, and if you want a reasonable conversation with them you might want to tone down your BS.

·
†3AD† S.T.A.R.S. Delta 7
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not gonna argue about whos dick is bigger. You trust your experience in the field behind your house, Ill trust my experience down range in hostile enviroments. Thank you for your service as a fire fighter.

Getting sand in my ar is a pain in the ass. Getting sand in my min.... not so much. They have really sandy environments down at my river ridge hunting club and hard clay and soft mud at my strip mine hunting club. When its sandy so much as getting up off the ground will throw sand into my ar from the folds of my clothes. Even if Im careful. then mini 30 i have that confidence that I dont need to try to blow it off or add oil. The ak is just as good as the mini 30 except for less accuracy and size and weight but still not bad I just think its too poor for coyotes at 200 yards. Especially running coyotes from the first one you tagged. Ar is better for coyotes than the mini 30 imho because you can get on them easier with that 2nd shot while they are running because of lower recoil and higher velocity. IF they allowed rifles to be used for deer id use my mini 30 hands down. As far as combat. Stress and fear aside, the gun goes through the same punishment. In il we hunt in the rain snow wind mud heat.. You name it. When you are laying prone on the edge of a sandy cornfield and the dust picks up and you hold your breath, the fine stuff sticks to all sorts of lube. Leaving a very dirty ar. I have had the privileged to clean my ar every time I use it. It has served me very reliably and only malfunctioned when I used **** mags and cheap ammo but then again what gun doesnt? But in a WROL situation where cleaning supplies and time to do so may not be available, the ar is not my choice.

Also i may be "new" to the forums but im not new to the firearms and as far as new tot he forums... Im not. Ive been on this site a long time reading what everyone had to say to help me make my decisions in accessories and reviews of equipment. I just registered to reply and help. So no im not "new"

Being an old vet, all that rolling around would kill me before any bullet would. Nothing to do about it, just a cruel trick of natue, happens to everybody sooner or later. I'll trust concealment, stealth and steady aimed fire. Otherwise, it's Monday and I think I will partake of some red beans and rice. If you are not from Louisiana or Mississippi area you would not understand Anyway, my choice in 7.62 Russian is my old Tula Russian SKS. You cannot break it. My 5.56 choice was the tactical Mini with the circassion wood stock. Actually, another favorite is my Swiss K-31. A work of art and extremely accurate. Suprisingly, battle packs of original Swiss issue ammo is available and I have been stocking up. I do not know what it is, but the Swiss are good with firearms, watches and chocolate.. I'll be able to last for a little while. Wood and steel is my choice. I like a weapon you can touch and feel some connection to. it's a Zen thing. In the meantime, I may stock up on Advil in case I feel the urge to roll around the front yard. In the meantime, Jack Daniels will have to do.
haha well said. You can see my friends Russian SKS in the roll video at the beginning. It is a beautiful rifle.

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
I agree its the best SHTF rifle. As accurate as an ar from what Ive seen, goes bang every time and reliable as can be. To all those mini haters ignorance is bliss I guess. So I dont mind if you hate on my rifle to make you feel better for overpaying to get an AR as Im happy with mine. To those who say its not a proven battle platform I would like to point their attention to the m1 garand, m1 carbine, m14... One is still issued today which should show you that the action and setup works!

·
†3AD† S.T.A.R.S. Delta 7
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree its the best SHTF rifle. As accurate as an ar from what Ive seen, goes bang every time and reliable as can be. To all those mini haters ignorance is bliss I guess. So I dont mind if you hate on my rifle to make you feel better for overpaying to get an AR as Im happy with mine. To those who say its not a proven battle platform I would like to point their attention to the m1 garand, m1 carbine, m14... One is still issued today which should show you that the action and setup works!
The Rotating bolt action is a battle proven platform. Like you said from ww2 to modern day. Why would that platform all of a sudden suck in 7.62x39?? oh wait it doesnt!

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
While I think its the best SHTF rifle, I wont debate it with others as everyone has their experience. My wife wouldnt be well suited for a full size m14 or ak47 for weight, so for her a mini 14/30 or ar would suit her better. All these top rifles have their place and the best is what suits you. Reason I went with a mini to be honest is I couldnt find a socom or scout m1a and Im glad I couldnt.

I went to the range and shot my stock mini 30 with wolf military classic and brown bear lacquer and the day before I shot my buddies sig sauer m400 with quality brass and both shot exceptionally well. Would my mini 30 with quality non milsurp shoot better then an ar? how about with a muzzle brake? Maybe. But the real breakdown is with milsurp ammo and ZERO accurizing I was able to shoot my 30 as good as I was able to shoot an AR.

In the grand scheme of things MOA doesnt matter much to me. As long as I can reliably hit the target Im happy. My 30 doesnt string or open up, it hits just as true on the last 10 rounds as it did with the first 10. Happy? You bet!

1 - 20 of 237 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.