Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a late production pre ban Mini 30. (serial # 189-2XXXX). This rifle has a flash hider on it. Did this come as a factory item? I've seen earlier production Mini 30s that had no flash hider. Just curious if Ruger made the guns this way, or if it was added before I bought it. Love this gun. It's much more accurate than most mini's that I've seen or heard about. Easily stays under 1 1/2 inches at 100 yds with hand loads. Unfortunately, my wife has decided it belongs to her! Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
169 Posts
None of the mini 30s I have heard of came with a factory flash hider. I dont see any mention of one in my books either, but I've been wrong befor.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Welcome to the forum Catahoula. I do not believe any mini-30 came from ruger with a flash hider, unlike the mini-14 GB.

Glad it shoots so well. Looks like your wife has a keeper. Sorry about your loss. You may have to get another. ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Were you shooting bench rest and using a scope? I tried bench shooting mine at 50 meters and no scope. With eyes, that didn't work so well. I have a scope and hope to try it out in two weeks. Don't go to AK-47.net. I like that site and all, there are great guys and gals on that forum, but they hate anything that starts with mini...especially the 30. I am with you, I like them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I was using a bench and a scope. Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5. Handloads were Remington 125 grain (.308) with H335. Never shot it much with open sights, except plinking. Does shoot very well off hand as well. Do a lot of shooting at clay pigeons set against the back stop from 30-100 yds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts