Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While testing different ammo for the mini 30, I ran across made in russia marked state unitary enterprise hunting cartridge 7.62x39mm 124grain hp L.C.B. non corrosive it comes in a blue and white box of 20 rounds, I bought 1,000rds at about $89.00. This ammo was very accurate, been using remmington 7.62x39 very good but expensive 20. rounds for $14.00. think I will keep them game. GOOD HUNTING SINGLESIDE:) :ar15: :usa: p.s. I forgot to mention the russia ammo is hollow point. the usa 30 rounders work just fine no problems.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I had some of that ammo,used it in my SKS before I sold it. I have used Wolf and Barnul in my 30. I advise you to be careful with Russian ammo I checked in to it in depth and people seem to be split pro and con. Some swear by it others at it. Laquer could build up in the chamber and cause problems, steel casings could cause excess chamber wear, some bullets (I cut open a Wolf HP)
are steel jacketed and only copper washed and could cause barrel wear.

The price is hard to beat and I will use some in my mini 30 I think I will get a lot of years out of the current barrel using the Russian stuff now and then. After several 100 round of Wolf I have not had a problem yet.

TC:cannon:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Where did you find it? I bought some a while back, and liked it a lot, but have been unable to find any more. Only that Yugo corrosive stuff seems to be around in any quantity.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Your ammo is Ulyanovsk or "Uly". It is quite good stuff, better than Wolf I think.
Try it out on water jugs at close range, it fragments completely every time.
I only know of it for sale at www.empirearms.com. They want 110 bucks for a case.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I reload once fired casings I pick up at the range with nosler 308 diameter 125 grain balistic tips. I can reload 100 for about 17 bucks if I catch a sale on the projectiles. These fly better than any thing on the market. Good hunting reloadable ammo in 7.62x39 is about 7 bucks a box and is machine made. I use IMR 4198 powder and CCI primers to round out the loads. Beware when using used brass some U.S. manufactured brass uses a small rifle primer and all others use a large rifle primer. You need to sort the brass. Other than that, the cases will need to be trimmed after the second firing. Also when purchasing dies you should get the RCBS low base dies and a Lee factory crimp die for best results in feeding, accuracy and safety. The hollow point stuff gets caught in the feed ramp of my mini. rather than alter the ramp I use better ammo. Not having really high capacity mags, and being in a place I wont soon get any, this will do me fine.:usa:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts