Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit I have been skeptical about reports on the forum that installing a muzzle brake on a mini would dramatically improve accuracy. My Mini 30 is one of my favorite rifles, but it's poor accuracy (4-6" groups at 100 yards) meant that it seldom came out of storage.

I finally gave in and ordered one of the Manson RM30B brakes and installed it on my Mini 30. The improvement in accuracy was immediate and dramatic. My first 5-round group from the benchrest at 75 yards had three shots touching! The Mini has never had even two shots touching before! At 100 yards, the group was about 3 inches. The little rifle was shooting groups - not patterns! I'm really impressed with the startling improvement in accuracy and all for only about $20! A complete glass bedding job is next.

Incidentally, the load was the Sierra .308 125 SP pushed by a moderate charge of H335.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Welcome to the forum HerbG. Don't it feel great to do a mod to your rifle, and see such a dramatic improvement. :D All the mods done to the mini-14 applies to the mini-30 as well, as they are very similar. Bedding my mini tightened the average 5 shot groups by 3/4", and got rid of the flyers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts