Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:2guns: any body out thar had a prob with mini 30 missfires. I've cleaned and cleaned and switched ammo(worst with russian or hungarian) even missfired on winchester. can't seem to get it figured. did a complete tear down of the bolt twice and the whole gun of coarse many times. new firing pin time? thanks for any help in advance.

merlin

·
Registered
37 Posts
Get the sronger hammer spring made by Wolff Springs, available from Brownell's. It's only a few bucks. It will completely solve the problem for U. S. boxer primed 7.62X39. It will improve misfires in Berdan primed ammo: Wolf, Barnaul, etc. There will always be about 1 out of 15 misfires with the Berdan primed ammo, until Ruger starts giving a ****.
Let's ALL flood Ruger with phone calls and letters until they give us an option for a stronger mil-spec firing pin setup. It's YOU & ME that line their pockets. It's time they started listening and acting on it like they USED to years ago.
ALSO, lobby for AT LEAST a 10 round .223 and.30 magazine.
PLEASE DO IT TODAY!!!! Stamps are cheap!!!!
Joe:mad:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
How many rounds have you put through your rifle? I bought mine used and have fired about 350 myself. I've used mostly Wolf ammo and some US stuff no problems yet. I will be backing off Wolf (see my Wolf Ammo Thread). My Mini-30 was made in late 1999, I called and checked.

I wonder is it a few rifles here and there or is it most of them and your lucky if you get one without problems.:(

I guess I will have to wait and see. I would join the letter campaign though.

TC:cannon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts