Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:2guns: any body out thar had a prob with mini 30 missfires. I've cleaned and cleaned and switched ammo(worst with russian or hungarian) even missfired on winchester. can't seem to get it figured. did a complete tear down of the bolt twice and the whole gun of coarse many times. new firing pin time? thanks for any help in advance.

merlin

·
Registered
37 Posts
Get the sronger hammer spring made by Wolff Springs, available from Brownell's. It's only a few bucks. It will completely solve the problem for U. S. boxer primed 7.62X39. It will improve misfires in Berdan primed ammo: Wolf, Barnaul, etc. There will always be about 1 out of 15 misfires with the Berdan primed ammo, until Ruger starts giving a ****.
Let's ALL flood Ruger with phone calls and letters until they give us an option for a stronger mil-spec firing pin setup. It's YOU & ME that line their pockets. It's time they started listening and acting on it like they USED to years ago.
ALSO, lobby for AT LEAST a 10 round .223 and.30 magazine.
PLEASE DO IT TODAY!!!! Stamps are cheap!!!!
Joe:mad:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Perhaps we should come up with some kind of form letter, and post it here. Then, on the very same day, we will all mail them the same letter signed individually. Maybe they'll get the hint.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
How many rounds have you put through your rifle? I bought mine used and have fired about 350 myself. I've used mostly Wolf ammo and some US stuff no problems yet. I will be backing off Wolf (see my Wolf Ammo Thread). My Mini-30 was made in late 1999, I called and checked.

I wonder is it a few rifles here and there or is it most of them and your lucky if you get one without problems.:(

I guess I will have to wait and see. I would join the letter campaign though.

TC:cannon:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:2guns: Hey that letter Idea is a good one! Maybe if enough complaints were logged there would be a fix found. After all, the squeeky wheel gets the oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts