Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if a Mini-30 receiver is the same casting as a Mini-14... Thinking of building one from the other and swapping out the obvious parts differences... Don't know the answer to receiver question though... AB

·
Registered
716 Posts
Abendicum,

Is it really worth the trouble, when you can go out and buy a Mini-30 for $480-$520? I can see it if you are converting an AC-556, but not just a standard Mini-14. If you buy a new -30, then you will have two good calibers and can get cheap ammo for both!

·
Registered
25 Posts
i am curious if the dimensions are the same also. any one know if they are posted somewhere very obvious? google quick came up with this thread. i was thinking of doing this worth a non ranch receiver and putting my mini 30 parts into it so i had two identical rifles in different calibers.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hi,

The receiver's appear to be identical and the only differences I can discern on my 581 series Mini30 and Mini14 are the recoil spring (M30 - longer), bolt body (M30 - larger cartridge base), extractor (M30 - curvature match for the larger cartridge), ejector (M30 - shorter, cartridge edge is closer) and the trigger housing and stock's mag well to accommodate the wider Mini30 mag. I have noticed, however, that I now see Mini14's with the Mini30's wider trigger housings...perhaps a cost savings move as the Mini30's will work fine in the Mini14 but not the other way around so I guess they eliminated the Mini14's.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts