Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news. Just got off the phone with Promag. They informed me that mini 30 10 rd mags will begin rolling off the line on Friday (April 26, 2002). $26 ea

In the mean time, I have seen all of the recommendations for hi ca mags for the mini 14, but what about the mini 30. I can''t find masen or pmi mags for the mini 30. I assume that they are the only reliable mags out there from all of the messages. Anyone know where to get Quality hi cap mags for the mini 30?

Thanks,

johny

·
Registered
567 Posts
I may be mistaken here because I've never owned a Mini-30 but here's my take on it. I believe the Mini-30 is a post ban weapon or very close to post ban so that would explain the limited amount of hicap mags. I'm sure someone else with more knowlege will jump in here. Good luck on the ten round ProMags.

Good shooting
Bushwack

·
Registered
207 Posts
There is know mags for the Mini 30, that work good, except the 30rnd thermold mags, the cost for these are $99 American & still these mags are plastic, what a shame.

The Mini 30 has never made the grade, as there is to much recoil. Mini 14 when you lighten the trigger can be shot fast ( on target ) mini 30 can not.

The price for 7.62 by 39 ammo is half that of .223 this is great.

It's great the pro-mag is comming out with 10 rd mags, but for me the mag is not big enough, so I will not buy one.

I'm not putting down the Mini 30, just remember that for ever mini 30 sold, there is 8 mini 14s sold from the same shop. This is just an example how the mini 30 is not liked.

SKS-D & Model 84 chinese made, have the AK-47 mag, this is great.

The mags have changed in the last 12 year or more, shame on the makers that make them so thin, can ding them so easy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
They ALL suck. For me, the USA 10 rounders for $9.95 suck the least. Observe how the cases of a factory 5 rounder are held by the magazine. The angle, width of lips. (I think they're called lips.) Then spend a little time with your needle nose pliers, and de-burr and bend till it matches the Ruger mag and works perfectly. It's a small hassle compared to racking up postage fees to send the crap back. At least USA makes something worth working on. The ones Triple K make lead the industry in trash. Not worth trying to improve.
Then you will have a mag that is custom fit by YOU, that YOU can trust!!!
Good luck,
Joe:beer:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey, this is Mark from Fourfourmag.com

I have 100 of the new ProMag Mini 30 10rd mags in route to me right now. Pricing is $18ea + $3shipping or 6/$100 shipped. Only available in blued finish right now but stainless to be available soon.

I don't have these on the fourfourmag.com website yet so if you are interested shoot me an email at [email protected]

You can pay with paypal.com or check/money order

-Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.