Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to board, hope I can get some help with a misfire problem. My Mini 30 misfires using russian or other east euro rounds. pin dimples the primer. About every 3rd or 5th round sometimes worse. It will misfire using Winchester on rarer occasion, 1 in 30 or 40 or so. I have approx 500 rds thru it now. Bought used and unsure of any history. Thanks in advance for any assist.

merlin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mini 30 misfire

Merlin: I have had the same problem with Russian ammo. This is due to the hard primers they use. The primers are made hard in order to avoid "slam-fires" on AK-47 type weapons using 7.62x39. Also constant use of Russian ammo may damage the Ruger firing pin. I have started loading my own 7.62x39 using components from Midway. Wolf Springs makes a stronger hammer spring which may remedy the problem.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Proximo said:
Merlin: I have had the same problem with Russian ammo. This is due to the hard primers they use. The primers are made hard in order to avoid "slam-fires" on AK-47 type weapons using 7.62x39. Also constant use of Russian ammo may damage the Ruger firing pin. I have started loading my own 7.62x39 using components from Midway. Wolf Springs makes a stronger hammer spring which may remedy the problem.
I'm glad to see you reading old posts Proximo. Another thing that can cause this is a dirty chamber. Alot of the firing pins energy is used in seating the round in the chamber, and not enough left to properly ping the primer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts