Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have experience with the Mini-30 double-brake?

I bought one and in the process of putting it on over the front sight, got into a little 'jam'.

I felt resistance to it 'slipping' over the front sight. Things were a little tight, so I took a block of wood and tapped it with my hammer until it was firmly seated. However, it was not all the way down. After banging for quite some time (my poor gun), it wouldn't budge. Now I can't get it off to file the gap a little, and I can't get it all the way on... The good thing is, it's probably tight enough that I don't need to pin it. I have yet to test at the range, so I will know if it will stay on the rifle then.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would have him do it, but he doesn't live around here any more.

I tried heating it up before, but it didn't do it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you can't beat it off with a wooden dowel then you only have three options left - 1.surgical sawing 2.gear puller 3.if it is on that tightly and is in almost proper position - then leave it on.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have yet to take it to the range. It's in a good position, If it rattles itself loose, then so be it. I just have to keep an eye on it, I guess.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After 100 rounds, the brake is still in the same place. Even though there is no roll-pin on the sight or the brake, it seems to be secure. Who knows? Maybe it will rattle itself lose on round number 2348?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts