Truglo 3 x 9
2 10 round nickel plated mags
unknown 30 round mag came with gun
Mo-rod is back at Mo company being modified as it would not hold

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to note, if this gun had come with a wood stock I would have gone the traditional m1 carbine look with it and bedded the stock but it had the plastic Ruger stock. I could pull the trigger group, turn the gun over and the action would just fall out by itself. It was pretty sloppy so I got the ATI stock. Turn it over and you have to tap the gun out of the stock. It is very snug and tight.

Took me about 4 hours to file out the mag well though. These things are made for the Mini 14. I told ATI what I thought about it(in a nice way). They should step up and make an actual mini 30 stock so you don't have to go grinding on a brand new piece. The Buffertech buffer also won't fit down in there. I'm hoping a 1911 buffer is thin enough to fit. If anybody knows please tell me.

Gee. It feels just like I'm back working on this thing below because it seems to operate the same way. Nothing fits, custom parts have to be "modified" and I'm lucky if I can find anything not made in China.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice rifle and very nice looking Mustang!

How is the weight and balance with the ATI stock? I like the traditional Mini/M14 look, but the ATIs and Tapcos are starting to grow on me. I've heard that they are significantly heavier than the wood or production synthetic stocks...

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't had a wood stock but the ATI is significantly heavier than the Ruger stock. The gun feels pretty heavy with everything on it. I wouldn't want to lug it out for 20 miles and back. The balance point is right in front of the mag which is where my hand rests for aiming so that seems to work fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
. . . the ATIs and Tapcos are starting to grow on me. I've heard that they are significantly heavier than the wood or production synthetic stocks...
Data for the Mini-14 (should be the same for Mini-30s):
- Ruger lists the folding adjustable ATI version at 7.25 lbs and the traditional black synthetic Tactical at 6.75 lbs - a difference of eight ounces.
- The longer-barreled Ranch with wood stock weighs in at 7 lbs even - right in the middle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts