Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one out ther load 308 projectiles in their mini 30 and what kind of results do you find. Is there a big difference between those and the 311 dia. results?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys, You can use .308 bullets for the Mini 30 with good results. In the 1991 Gundigest there is an article on reloading for the Mini 30. The best results were with .308 bullets. My personel best results are with Seirra's 135 grain Single Shot Pistol bullet in .308. I can consistently shoot 2.5 inch groups with this bullet and have one target that is less than an inch with this bullet. The best I have ever saw from a Mini 30. I have a box of Hornady .310 bullets for the7.62 but have never bothered to use them with the way my gun shoots the seirra bullets. I will eventually get around to trying some other bullets but for now I am quite happy. Fuzzy

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am going to start trying .308 bullets in my mini-30. Currently I am using .310 Hornandy v-max's. I am pretty happy with the load I have worked up at the moment but I am constantly trying to better it. I can consistently get 1.5" groups with the best group last week measuring 1.10" CTC in rain and 15-20 mph winds(was using 28.0g of H335 in Lapua brass and Winchester primers with the 123g v-max's). The second best group measured 1.25" CTC and the others were in the 1.5" range. This week I tried using BLC2 instead of H335 and my best group today in nice sunny weather was 1.15" CTC with 29.5g of BLC2 all other components remain the same. Not to shabby for a mini-30 that only has a synthetic stock(ramline), heavy duty recoil spring, muzzle brake and a cheap 4x40 Tasco.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts