Perfect Union banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying this Vortex Strikefire dot sight on my Mini 14. It has either red or green dot, a night vision button, and a 2X converter if you choose to use it.
So far it is working ok. I just got back from the range, and it is sighted in now.
I was also trying out the new trigger job by Gun Doc. Awesome change for the better over the stock one I sent him. :D

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I am trying this Vortex Strikefire dot sight on my Mini 14. It has either red or green dot, a night vision button, and a 2X converter if you choose to use it.
I was looking at this scope myself. How do you like it?

Also, do you think its durable enough to withstand the recoil from a Mini-14?

Thanks! ;)

~ alaj70

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This same Strikefire has performed well on my M1A SOCOM 16. I am sure that if it can handle the .308 recoil, it will think it's on 'vacation' with the 5.56 :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really like my strikefire, mounted forward on an Amega. Seems to hold up fine just make sure you dont have the dot turned up to bright, gets blurry.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I always assumed the reason the single ring mounts are as long as they are and have as big a foot to mount to a rail, is to provide proper stability against recoil force. I admit it is just superposition on my part, but I wouldn't think a single Ruger type mounting ring would provide enough stability.

·
Full on Eco-Capitalist!!!
11,107 Posts
I have on my CX4 9mm, and it works great. (Not major recoil, but about the same feel as my Mini 30 with Russian Surplus ammo.)

Lifetime warrenty on them, so a great optic for a great price IMHO.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I am going to get this unit. I like that it comes with a 2 power attachment. I will try to mount it using only one 30 mm scope ring.

I have seen on youtube a guy did this with his Primary arms it looks awesome and he says it handles well. Better then a weaver mount.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Vortex optics are awesome and great bang for buck. The SPARC is also a great red-dot of theirs, but a heck lot smaller than the strikefire.
And guys, enough of the 'Mini 14 recoil', it really doesn't (recoil that is):rolleyes: Get behind a 45-70, 416, 375, 338 or similar, that will convince you that the Mini does not recoil;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts