Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guy's heres the deal i've got my trigger group at the gunsmith's and a barrel stabilizer from clarks on the way,a after market stock with a decent length of pull coming by ups,what else can you think i'll need to get my mini-14 shooting sub MOA,my rifle bone stock was shooting best groups of 3.5 MOA, i know i might hear it for useing the barrel stabilizer but i was tring to keep weight close to stock ,also since my rifle is a ranch i will be changeing from tasco to burris scope.
thanks for any thoughts:ar15:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey JR, I'm curious to see how the stabilizer works, on your mini. I've read several favorable articles on it. The triger job, and a good scope are a good move. I would bed the stock, as it will lock the action/barrel to the stock. even .010" will move the bullet 1" at 100 yds. Take out your triger group, and see how much play the action has in the stock, side to side. This is how much the barrel moves under recoil. Mine had .030", before the bed job. If you are going to shoot some rapid fire, I'd get the gas bushing kit from NW Shooter Suport. It will greatly reduce recoil, so you can get back on target very fast, and is easier on your scope.
I would set my goal for as close to 1 MOA as possible, so if you don't get sub MOA with that flimsy Ruger barrel you won't be dissipointed.
See what ammo your mini likes, or get into reloading. The best loads are hand made, and costs vary, mine are about $3.20 for a box of 20.
Jr, Just for your personal satisfaction, document grouping before, and after each mod if possible, to see how much each improves your mini using; same ammo, and a sand bag. Keep us posted. Welcome to our forum;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I put lothar walther barrels on mine, Ruger has $8.40 in every mini barrel, what kind of accuracy can you get for 8 bucks?
RR
BTW, both my minis are way sub MOA shooters

1 - 4 of 4 Posts