Perfect Union banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I have not tried it. There was the one negitive post as to the pin holes not lining up, but it sounds as if they may have just sent the wrong sight.
I see no reason it would not work. It's a little spendy, but worth it if it's something that you want.
I'd contact Midway and ask about the spicific model # of Mini you have and ask if it will fit.

Best Regards, John K

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
USMCRonin has one and seems to like it.

I, personally, would prefer one with protective ears, like the original sight. Word has it that XS is working on a Mini-14 Ranch front sight, maybe similar to an M14 front sight. Still no word on that project, though -- other than "we're working on it" -- that was back in May.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It would be good if it had the protective wings on the front sight. I really like the sights on my 580 Mini. I'm into the durable factor about the Mini, so any aftermarket item would have to be at least as tough as OEM stuff.

RO

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I might go with the xs sights. does anybody have pictures of them installed.
thanks

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yup I have one. It's a bit wider but I sight in to 1" high at 50 yards so popping small varmints is still easy with a 6 o clock hold.

My mini is being slowly adopted by my gf and she LOVES the sight.

I'm not concerned about the lack of wings as I'm of the mind that if I hit the front hard enough to bend it it will probably twist first.

The hole didn't line up but I filed a new groove on the barrel and it worked fine.

If your setting this weapon up as a fighting carbine you NEED a tritium sight.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If you spell my name right;)

I'll work on it. I'm on an iPhone currently. Maybe tonight.

·
Registered
726 Posts
580, the end of the sight actually extended past the barrel. I filed it flushed.

I think the older style is more of a drop in, not to mention half the price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts