Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took me a couple of days...but I read all the posts on the Mini-14 and I'm ready to go shopping.
New stock, trigger, scope base, recoil buffer, muzzle brake, and new gas bushings. Also plan on a "bedding job" later.
Here's my question. Has anyone had much experience working on their trigger other than installing a new adjustable one? I have found that the rear sear that prevents the mini from firing at full auto, makes contact just before release of the hammer which causes a great deal of additional spring trigger weight. Can I fix this or will the "new" adjustable trigger be able to prevent this?

I also presume that polishing these "additional" surfaces will also help with the release.

THANKS for any help....New Member

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought a trapper gun spring kit from theoutdoorcenter.com It cost 15.99 but are now listed for 12.99 (I just checked) It included new trigger, rear sear spring and recoil springs. I also went in and polished all the parts and got a much-improved trigger. I also narrowed the bearing surface width, not depth. Depth is a bit tricky for an amateur and could cause it go off when bumped but width reduces the amount of surface causing the friction. Still be careful and don’t reduce it more that half. You might even just try the polishing and springs before doing any more. I am very happy with my trigger. catolog number is 2510486
Jeff :usa:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey fyr, I had my trigger done, it went from a 11lb to a smooth 3 1/2#. He put in a new spring and stoned the parts. I've read don't change the sear angle or you could get ram fires. (a scarry thing!) The average trigger job seems to be $35 to $40

·
Registered
4 Posts
I buffed the bearing surfaces with Jeweler's rouge and a dremel tool (carefully). Much smoother trigger pull, but still a bit heavy. Need to look at replacing springs next, I guess.

I also need to look at cleaning up the safety. The load clack when I push the toggle forward sends my quarry running.

I guess I must be one lucky sob, cuz I've got eight aftermarket 30 round clips ($15.00 each) that have yet to fail to feed in my rifle. Probably up to 1,000 rounds in each of them to date. Don't know what I did right to get blessed like that, but I'll take it.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey Ben if I had your luck with mags, I'd go buy a power ball ticket. My safety clicks when I push it with one finger, so I use my forefinger and thumb in a controled movement. Its very quiet. It takes a little practice. I just got in the habbit years ago.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Do you want a single or dual stage trigger.I do both all the time.Most,including myself,like the single stage.:sniper:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts