Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Being prudent as I am I purchased from ASI an entire Ruger trigger control group with ASI’s “trigger job”.
Most of my thinking is for any reason I may need to send the rifle to Ruger for maintenance they won’t replace the “altered part” for original specs.

·
Formerly "raf"
4,024 Posts
I sent away my Trigger Group to ASI for one of their "basic" trigger jobs, and installation of a trigger overtravel stop.
Entirely satisfied.

Suggest using a skilled gunsmith who is very familiar with the Mini's trigger group and its' quirks. I know the Mini's TG is very similar to that of the M1 and M1A, but it is a little different. IMHO, useful to have someone work on the Mini's TG who can easily replace suspect parts with known good parts. YMMV.

·
Registered
235 Posts
This guy does a good video. I didn't go as in depth but stoned my trigger group and a spring change and very satisfied with the results.

Reactions: Jonjeo

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
This guy does a good video. I didn't go as in depth but stoned my trigger group and a spring change and very satisfied with the results.
Yep. GunBlue has some excellent videos, lengthy as they are. Have a lot of respect for him. He's at the top of my top 5 gun video uploader picks. Very knowledgeable & has buckets full of experience.

·
Formerly "raf"
4,024 Posts
Yep. GunBlue has some excellent videos, lengthy as they are. Have a lot of respect for him. He's at the top of my top 5 gun video uploader picks. Very knowledgeable & has buckets full of experience.
I watched a vid of a Pro Gunsmith do a trigger job on a Mini Trigger group. I believe his name was Terry Gardner, and he is now retired.

This how a professional gunsmith, with skill, experience, and appropriate replacement parts correctly and safely modifies a Mini Trigger group.

Note that no "EXTRA POWER" springs were used.

Click "Watch on You Tube" button to see the vid.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
DIY requires special sear stones and a jig to do a proper job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts