Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in South Florida, Sarasota area recommend a gunsmith for a Mini 14 trigger job ? I know of many in my area but I don't have any experience with any of them. So was hoping that maybe I could get a good recommendation from someone on this forum.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Well, depending on how busy a gunsmith near where you live is, he might end up having your trigger group for weeks or months, and you aren't certain if he is familiar with doing two stage, military type triggers.
There are a lot of world class gunsmiths in Montana near me, but almost all specialize in rugged ultra light bolt actions for big game hunting.
I'd just send it to Brimstone. Yes, they are way out in Washington state.
But for $55, it will be back on it's way to you in less than a week. And enough guys here have raved about how nice their trigger is when they get it back from them. They do lots of Mini triggers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sandog, just checked their website, sounds like they know what they are doing and the reviews are all outstanding. I may use them.

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Is Gundoc still doing trigger jobs? I think he moved to Tennessee and the shipping would not be too bad.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Tri, last I heard from GunDoc was that maybe would get back into some 'smithing, but was waiting to see how that international arms ruling would impact things. But I'll let his speak for himself.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Brimstone did my Mini 14 and two 10/22 triggers. Outstanding results. Highly recommended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts