Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a convertion on the Ruger Mini 5.56 be reasonably done to 6.8 SPC?
I guess the answer lies in the magwell. Will the 5.56 receiver take 6.8 Mags?
Does Ruger make 6.8 SPC mags in 20 rounds?
What would I need to do this?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
You can spend lots of time throwing money and ideas at it or just buy one from Ruger or ASI. An AR upper can be bought for less than a new Mini if you have the AR lower. kwg

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Ruger only makes 5 rd mags, I got 2 mags from Promag that are 20 rd, they take a while to break in. I need to replace the followers with Ruger factory.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Depends on the budget you do. If its its a must do at any cost ASI I think is the only one I can think of for converting. But if you can find a Mini 6.8 and then you can get a finishing pull through reamer for Spec II and then you can handle any ammo currently, if it fits in the mag that is.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The factory 5 6.8 mags are alot wider, so no they aren't even close. The cheapest route would be sell your 14, spend the extra couple hundred and just buy a 6.8. Plus, resale value is alot better for factory stock rifles as opposed to conversions. Don't be like me and end up with a conversion (-30 to 6.5 Grendel in my case) that doesn't work that well, cost a fortune and that no one will buy from you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Drew...you've summed it up well.
It's a great rifle as it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts