Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. I just bought a Mini-14 and it came with a wooden thumbhole stock. My rifle may be post-ban, I am waiting on a serial # check from Ruger. I am in the US Army in Germany and will be returning next year. My question is, will I be able to bring this into the US with the thumbhole stock on it? If not, does anyone have an original stock, condition immaterial, for sale?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mike

No Longer Involved
You won't be able to bring it into California, as semi-auto rifles with removeable magazines that also have thumbhole stocks (or pistol grips, or any one of a number of other features) are now considered Assault Weapons.

Ugh.

------------------
[email protected]
http://perfectunion.com/

Registered
Mike, The only place you can import those is to Arizona. Specifically my house.

Actually, you should check with your local PMO. They can put you in touch with the U.S. Customs office there in your area. You will need to get the paperwork together well in advance of your DEROS (several months isn't too soon to start). Your firearms will be shipped in a specific container of your household goods and must be accompanied with all the appropriate Customs documentation to enter the U.S. of A. Otherwise, it don't make it on the boat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts