Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
American realist
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got around to getting the scope mounted up on the new mini 14 tactical. picked up a set of warne QD rings new in the box on ebay cheap. also installed a couple of the grovetech QD flush mount sling swivels for the magpul 2pt tactical slings i found on closeout. picked up the swivels from a seller on ebay for $6.99 a pair if anyone is interested. i made steel mounting/reinforcing plates that go inside the stock so when the swivels are detached , there are no "bumpy parts" sticking out.:D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice job! I'm working a similar set-up on an Hogue stock using the Noveske QD cups.

Which scope is that?

·
American realist
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice job! I'm working a similar set-up on an Hogue stock using the Noveske QD cups.

Which scope is that?
its a mueller 2-7x32 illuminated shotgun scope. had it mounted on the mini 30 i recently sold & has worked great. i had it rotated 90deg on the 30 to keep the brass from beating the turret, so mounted it up the same way on the new rifle. also makes adjusting the illuminator knob easier with the left hand.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the grovetech's, did you use their cups inside the stock along with your reinforcement plates, or just make your own custom plates that interfaced with the grovetech's?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So how long does it take to unload a clip? I am not familiar with this rifle, although, I did do a little time in the US Army when we had the 15's. Nothing prettier than 2 30 round banana's taped together.

·
American realist
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the grovetech's, did you use their cups inside the stock along with your reinforcement plates, or just make your own custom plates that interfaced with the grovetech's?
the grovetech's i purchased were these, heckuva price too!

Grovtec Heavy Duty Push Button Swivels GTSW 295 w Flush Mount Studs Set of 2 USA | eBay

since these were threaded on the outside of the cups, i drilled & tapped the stock, but also made a plate that is also drilled & tapped that fit snugly in between the stock & liner. the cup threads into the stock & then thru the plate to spread the load over a larger area. in the rear, the stock is much thinner, so machined an aluminum block that fits snugly inside & matches the contour of the stock, then drilled/tapped the stock & block. epoxied the block into the stock then threaded the cup in until it was flush. i'll get some pics with the swivels out, cups only.

·
American realist
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, i bought three sets just to have some extras handy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts