Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a mini 14 tactical 582 series short-barrel 16-1/8 and I love it.

I have been reading a lot about the barrel struts in the market and so far there are 3 in the market...
The Har-bar: $159
The Accu-strut SOCOM: $79
The Mo-Rod: $87

I have read good things about the Accu-strut 2 clamp model, however after months of researching the SOCOM 5" short one clamp model, I have not found good or bad info on it... Most of the info out there is on 2 clamp model.

The Har-bar looks pretty sturdy even the short strut made for the mini 14 tactical short barrel....they managed to install 2 clamps on it...in my opinion this act as a heat sink dissipating heat from the barrel, better than 1 clamp like the Accu-strut SOCOM

I have not done enough research on the Mo-rod strut

My question is which of all 3 is the best?

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
I also have the 582 Tactical and have looked into the struts but I am not convinced any of them will increase accuracy on this rifle. I still have several other steps to take to improve it's accuracy and if I add a strut it will be for the extra heat sink capability and simple aesthetics.

That said, if I were to buy another mini with the pencil barrel I will definitely put a strut on it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thats the guy that posts sales here in mini forum but doesnt spend the cash to become a super vendor right?
I have no idea. I just know it is another option. I have done business with them and they stand behind their product and are good people to deal with.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 582 series Mini30 and I added the MoReaper MoRod combo.
1) Looks great
2) MoReaper was dead on when sighted in without adjustment.
3) Was able to mount a small clamp-on Picatinny rail on the MoRod for a bipod.
4) Consistently hitting 8" steel at 200m (when the Redfield is on it).
5) Tighter groups and less fliers at 25m occasional instances of "one ragged hole".
6) Looks great.

Got mine from Sunflower.com and they even customized mine with black reaper and clamps, but stainless rod (instead of all one finish). This makes for a sweet combo against my SS Ranch model with black Houge stock. I still need to either buff all the stainless on the mini, or detune the shine on the rod for a perfect match.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just installed the accu-strut on my 182 mini, and took it out today, I'm happy with the my results so much so I think the red dot is going to retire for better optics. The red dot is good for closer range, but with better precision I think a scope is in order. (Mama isn't going to be glad to hear that).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mounted the ZR Tactical strut

Bench shooting at 50 yards (the longest we had access to at the time) w/o a strut = quarter sized groups

Bench shooting at 50 yards (same range) w/ strut = regular dime-sized 5 shoot groups

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I got the true shot because its all aluminum. I didnt see a point in a steel bar with a new barrel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Accu vs har-bar

Why is the har-bar products are way more expensive than the Accu-strut products?
Is har-bar better quality ???

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
There is nothing about our products that isn't top-notch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
accu strut socom with extra bracket

There is nothing about our products that isn't top-notch.
kkina...I guess you work for ACCU-strut or you are the owner:)
I have a question
Can i Order the accu strut socom with an extra bracket??

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
kkina...I guess you work for ACCU-strut or you are the owner:)
I have a question
Can i Order the accu strut socom with an extra bracket??

Well, both...as well as the inventor of the barrel strut. :lol:

Absolutely you can order the Socom with an extra clamp. Simply put in an order for an LT, then immediately email me ([email protected]) with your request, so I can head off the order and modify it before it ships out.

Kevin

·
Registered
55 Posts
I went with the Mo-Reaper and Mo-rod combination. The results are improved groups out to 100 yds. I had an unusual problem with my Mini but the owner of Mo-rod wentallout to solve it. A great business to deal with and great products to boot.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Thanks to those that have posted positive comments about our products, the Mo-Rod and Mo-Reaper. We stand behind every purchase...;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I went with the Har-bar for my three Mini 14s for a very simple reason: No one else would ship to Canada.

Easy decision! :D

And, yes, I like them very much -- but they are pricey. I bought them for heat control as much for any accuracy gains. I find they do hold the groupings down.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I went with the Har-bar for my three Mini 14s for a very simple reason: No one else would ship to Canada.
We'd be happy to ship to Canada, but Federal regulations are ambiguous and even conflicting regarding international shipping of firearms accessories. :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
We'd be happy to ship to Canada, but Federal regulations are ambiguous and even conflicting regarding international shipping of firearms accessories. :(
I actually tried Sunflower first for a Mo-Rod but got turned away. ITAR and Federal regs suck! It makes no sense that we can buy Mini 14s made in the USA -- and the American ammo that shoots out of them -- but not the aftermarket barrel struts. :blink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Order

Well, both...as well as the inventor of the barrel strut. :lol:

Absolutely you can order the Socom with an extra clamp. Simply put in an order for an LT, then immediately email me ([email protected]) with your request, so I can head off the order and modify it before it ships out.

Kevin
Kevin
I place the order and I also email you to modify the order??
I have not got any response from you!!
Did u get my email???

Thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts