Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to change my synthetic stock for wood on my Mini 14 580 series. I am trying to see if my list of items needed is correct. I would need the stock, stock reinforcement, screws (1,2,3,4?), washers (1,2,3,4?). Anything else I would need? Do I need the stock liner thats inside my synthetic stock? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
You do need the liner from the old stock to the new one.

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
I would try to get a complete stock assembly so you can go back and forth without having to disassemble and reassemble every time. If you decide to stay with the wood you could sell the complete synthetic assembly and get more money. Good luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ended up spraying my poly stock with Cerakote.
I like it better, but I really liked the gun in the wooden stock also.
I have been thinking of selling it.
If you can send me a private message with your email, I can send a picture.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ended up spraying my poly stock with Cerakote.
I like it better, but I really liked the gun in the wooden stock also.
I have been thinking of selling it.
If you can send me a private message with your email, I can send a picture.
Mini14jac,

How were you able to order the stock and parts directly from Ruger? I have been unable to find a way online. The most I can get to are the part numbers from the manual. I didn't see anything on shopruger.com.

P.S. I would also be interested in the wood stock you have if MiamiE doesn't work out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Mini14jac,

How were you able to order the stock and parts directly from Ruger? I have been unable to find a way online. The most I can get to are the part numbers from the manual. I didn't see anything on shopruger.com.

P.S. I would also be interested in the wood stock you have if MiamiE doesn't work out.

Thanks.
AFAIK, the only way to order Mini-14 parts direct from Ruger is to call them.

Honestly, though, your best bet is to order any and all parts you need from MidwayUSA or Numrich Gun Parts. I recommend Numrich over Midway, only because Midway's shipping costs are ridiculous, especially if you're only ordering small parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.