Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, its been awhile since I've been on....I hope all is well with everybody! Anyway, my question is this: Does anyone know who makes any good wood stocks for the mini-14? I know I can order a replacement from Ruger, but I want to know if anyone else sells them and how much they go for. I'm thinking about refinishing my current stock with a deeper stain to make it resemble some of the darker M1 Garand stocks. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!! Talk to you guys later....

g8keyper97

:ar15:

·
Registered
115 Posts
As far as an aftermarket traditional wood stock for the mini 14
i have never seen one offered, But i did see a really nice laminated wood stock in the Brownells catalog for $135.00.
For the mini-14 owner who likes wood (like myself) i would recomend a laminated version because the mini-14 is such
versitile weapon and the laminated stock is as strong as synthetic with the "FEEL" of wood. I hope i was helpful.:sniper:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey G8
If you botch your re-finish, there are always a lot of wood take off stocks for sale on E-bay for sale for around $25, sometimes less.
I would reccomend some varnish stripper and some boiled linseed oil -
I also see someone makes a steel replacement buttplate for the factory wood stock. That would be cool with your military finish.
Post a picture when you get it done :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Clark custom sells a finished laminate stock, wenig and royal arms will make any configuration you want in a 99% finished stock as will anybody with a duplicating machine.
I have a zero laminate and a thumbhole varminter from wenig on my mini's.
RR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts