Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if this gun is worth hanging on to or if I should part with it. It is blued with woodstock. I have a stainless that is SN# 193-xxxxx. I guess I was wondering what a preban goes for roughly.

Maybe I will keep both. Put a black synth stock on the blued and a scope and flash hider. Keep my stainless with the folding stock that is welded open, and muzzle brake. Who knows. I am going to try and do some comparison on some targets here pretty soon.

Also, In order for me to sell a firearm to an individual from an individual, how would I go about it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Be advised that as far as the (ridiculous) law goes you can't put the folding stock on the 193 serial prefix, as that gun was manufacured after the '94 ban....if you want to use a folding stock keep the 185 prefix (186-38000 was the cutoff for standard mini's, 188-79500 for the ranch).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Paul S. Actually I should have clarified that the folding stock is welded open. I mainly prefer the pistol grip than the traditional stock. I seem to be more comfortable shooting from the shoulder with a pistol grip. It could have something to do with me being a hybrid lefty/righty. I play guitar and shoot right-handed but everything else left. Who knows.
Anyway, I will edit my post.
Thanks,

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Wow Mike! I've seen people play the getar, and I've seen people shoot, but I never seen anyone Play and shoot!

·
Registered
57 Posts
No problem Mike. Incidentally I have a friend who is looking for a preban Mini-14. If you decide to sell let me know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cajungeo,
Guns and guitars are really similar if you think about it. Both make a lot of noise and animals run when they here 'em!
I try not to do both at the same time and try to not confuse my guitars with my guns! I did bring my mini-14 with me to the studio this weekend in a guitar case. I told some of my buddies that I brought a "new guitar". They opened the case and got a really good kick out of it.

Paul S.,
I am interested in selling the pre-ban. Honestly, I don't know what a fair price is. I don't want to ask too much or too little.
I am also not sure how to go about selling/shipping.

Thanks,

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Mike I have sold 3 guns to individuals, but for my own standard they have been someone I know not to be a felon, over 21, and not a loony or a drunk. Have seen many sales at gun shows between individuals in Louisiana, and Texas, we exchange guns for cash no paper. Course we are good ole boys down heah. Any time I have a question about guns, I smile and walk up to a cop and ask. They know the law and appreciate ya askin. Ya mite ask just to cover yer donkey, especially about the shipping out o state. Call UPS for their rules on shippen. Wouldn't hurt ta add some insurance on it. Its cheep. A couple, three dollars may be a life saver is somthing happens.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mike: You can sell your Mini-14 to anyone you wish, unless you KNOWINGLY sell it to someone who is:
1) A convicted felon, or is under indictment for a felony
2) Under order of a protection order from a court
3) Under 18 years of age (21 years of age on handguns)
4) An ILLEGAL alien
5) Convicted of a crime of domestic violence
6) and the catch all: Anyone who you know cannot legally otherwise purchase a weapon.

You cannot transfer the weapon to an individual in another state without going through a Federally Licensed Firearms dealer. But as far as taking it down to the George Brown or Astrohall in Houston to sell, or posting an ad in the newspaper (not recommended), go for it.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts