Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to add a bi-pod to the mini 14 and still keep the sling attached? Anything special? If so, where can I get the needed parts? Thank you in advance who offer help.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Not sure about other brands of bipods, but I know that Harris bipods have a provision (can't remember if it's a stud or just a loop...) for sling attachment. This, IMO, would be your best bet.

Just use a Harris #2 adapter (assuming you have a synthetic stock), rather than their Mini-14 specific adapter. Attaching a bipod to an Accu-Strut, the gas block, or barrel will affect POI, so I wouldn't recommend going that route.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes, you can. You can use T-nuts (not a joke) counter sink them into the wood, I have them on my Mini 14 and 30, the work great. I have used the Harris adapters they are ok but tend to loosen up after repeated shooting

Attachments

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Well, at least one person -- actually, make that a few people -- beg to differ on the POI/strut attachment issue: http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/ruger-mini-14-mini-30/93796-accu-strut-bi-pod.html .
Go for it!

It's been my experience that resting my Mini-14 on the gas block or barrel changes POI. It's no secret that each and every one of these rifles is different in its own peculiar way, so yours may not experience the same shift that mine did -- if at all.

Just offering my opinion, boss. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.