Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ranch Rifle, but this question is not about the Ranch Rifle. I am interested in a detailed description of the sights on a STANDARD Mini 14. I would like for someone to describe to me in detail how these sights are adjusted? What tools if any are required? Do the sights have positive CLICKS? If so, how much does each click move the point of impact at 100 yards? Are the sights adjustable for both windage and elevation? Where are the adjustment screws/knobs/dials? If I have left anything out, please feel free to answer questions not yet asked. Close up pictures of the sights and the adjustment points would help tremendously if anyone is willing to break out their digital camera for me or already has some pics on file somewhere. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Welcome APC. Sorry I can't answer your question as I have a ranch. First thing I did is fold down that puney rear sight, and scoped it. However someone else will help you. Again welcome aboard.:)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The standard mini sight looks like a Garand sight. It has adjustment knobs that have a spring loaded post which has to be depressed to move the knob. 1 knob is on the left side and one in front of the peep sight. I don't have the Ruger manual with me to check how far the sight moves the poa. You can use a punch or bullet to depress the post or someone makes a special tool but that really isn't necessary.

TC:cannon:

·
Registered
716 Posts
The standard Mini was designed specifically so that you could adjust the sights in the field using a bullet tip to depress the lock pin. It can all be done with no tools. I believe the POI at 100 yards is moved 1/4" per click. Not sure, but I'm sure it is more than 1/8" per click. I own a Ranch now, but I used to shoot my dad's standard when I was a kid.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Welcome to the mini forum Rowdy, thanks for the links. We will check them out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts