Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just wondering how you are supposed to install a factory ruger rear sight onto the mini, I have a millet on it now, but I also have a flash hider/bayonet lug combo with a winged front sight, and it keeps shooting high, and I have already gound down the front sight a ways, and I am scared that it may not help, so I ordered a factory sight to put on hoping that its lower profile will help me from only having a nub for a front sight. When I got my mini, it had no rear sight and a scope mount, so I am wondering how to install it back onto the rifle, as ruger didn't send me any instructions on how to do so. Any help would be greatly apreciated!!!!

Thanks again

G8keyper97

:ar15:

·
Registered
581 Posts
If your rifle is shooting high you need a taller front sight not lower or filed down.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally posted by g8keyper97
Hey guys, I'm just wondering how you are supposed to install a factory ruger rear sight onto the mini, I have a millet on it now, but I also have a flash hider/bayonet lug combo with a winged front sight, and it keeps shooting high, and I have already gound down the front sight a ways, and I am scared that it may not help, so I ordered a factory sight to put on hoping that its lower profile will help me from only having a nub for a front sight. When I got my mini, it had no rear sight and a scope mount, so I am wondering how to install it back onto the rifle, as ruger didn't send me any instructions on how to do so. Any help would be greatly apreciated!!!!

Thanks again

G8keyper97

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey again, I meant to say that it was shooting low, not high......have to excuse me, been up for 48 hours straight lol. On the factory sight, where do all the springs and everything go?
Thanks again,

G8keyper97

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks cajungeo, I got it all together now! I do have to say, I like the look of the factory sight alot better than the millet sight, so we'll have to see how it works now! Once again, thanks alot!

keyper

·
Registered
427 Posts
g8keyper97,
Sorry if I confuse things, but the mini-14 and the mini-14 ranch rifle have totally different rear sights. Mine is the mini-14 ranch rifle which has a simple compression fit for dovetail mounts.

However, I've been told the M1-A rear sight fits a ranch model with a little grinding on the sight. That's my next project, after pouring the back yard patio pad!

KC

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've been told the M1-A rear sight fits a ranch model with a little grinding on the sight
:confused:
Hey Kali - someone has been telling you stories. ;)
I can not imagine how that would work.
Let me know if you do it though - I'd love to see it.

If you want a good upgrade rear sight for your Ranch,
I'm real happy with the Williams WGRS.
:beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts