Perfect Union banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
My series 580 shoots Winchester USA Q3131 (NATO pressure) exclusively, without a problem. Have Ruger check out the problem. Send them some of the ammo, too.

Good luck.

M

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
First:

The Guns are not located in the US of A.

To send them to Ruger would be a one way ticket. The rules have changed last year where we live on some guns (semi auto) so that you no longer can get a license or a permit for them, specific guns for a specific "Philosophy Of Use ".

There is no need even mentioning the export or import rules...

The ammo is mil spec. Right out of the box from the store.

·
Tracker
178 Posts
My 181 Mini so far has eaten everything I have fed it. From Hornady PMC federal American Eagle win. white box with not a hiccup.
XR750

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
First:

The Guns are not located in the US of A.

To send them to Ruger would be a one way ticket. The rules have changed last year where we live on some guns (semi auto) so that you no longer can get a license or a permit for them, specific guns for a specific "Philosophy Of Use ".

There is no need even mentioning the export or import rules...

The ammo is mil spec. Right out of the box from the store.
Pretty much sounds like your screwed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
There's no secret about the ammo. Is there any secret ammo? Didn't Myth*busters "bust" the ice bullet? :rolleyes:

"It's issued by our uncle. :) manufactured in country by our "uncles company".

Calibre 5,56x45
Projectile weight Gram 3,84 Gram
Projectile weight Grains 59,2 Grains
Projectile material Tombac jacket, steel core
Projectile type Ball
V0 mps 930 mps
V0 fps 3051 fps
Propellant NC1274
Propellant weight Gram 1,5 Gram
Propellant weight Grain 23,14 Grains

"This is a new round, It is a environment friendly "green" ammunition. Every year the shooting fields is contaminated with led, and in this projectile the led is switch to steel instead. The primer is also changed so it is more environment friendly. The only physical difference between a standard projectile and a "Green" model B cartridge is in the two lines 10 and 2 a clock in the head stamp."

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Sounds like that ammo is not NATO spec and as you said the primer is also changed so it is more environment friendly. Sounds like soft primers and crappy ammo.

·
Registered
230 Posts
"Environmentally friendly 5.56" ?

Most definitely NOT U. S. Mil Spec...

Stick with the S&B, or try some other factory ammo...

M

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
As you can see the ammo is gov issued.

Let's not focus on if the US of A Uncle S.A.M approved this or not but on the problem.

The next time around it might be other enviromental friendly "things" happening with other brands...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hi Fosterlandet,

From what I can glean off the interweb, the ammo you are using is primed with some fancy "Sintox" enviro-green primers. They appear to be of the Berdan type construction. I don't know what significance this may be but all of the ammo from our US "Uncle" is boxer primed. The powder/propellant used is made by Norma but I cannot find any data on it regarding loading. 1.5 grams = 22 grains so it doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary depending on the burn rate of course. So, the combination of Berdan primers and NATO powder loads may be involved. My recommendation would be to only use genuine US made boxer primed NATO spec ammo. Unfortunately, I don't know where you are so I cannot help in "shopping" for the US made ammo. Here are some links I used to "learn" about your issue...

Ed

RUAG Group (PDF document)

Swedish Military Ammunition ...the link you provided.

Sintox Primers.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I did read every one of your posts, I stand behind what I said, it's crappy ammo, or at the least crappy primers. If your Mini's were piercing primers with other brands of ammo I would think it was a rifle issue. One thing I do know for sure is if you continue to use that ammo and keep piercing primers it will eventually screw up your firing pin. Oh, and the good Ole US of A Uncle S.A.M approved 5.56 ammo is some of the best in the world. Just saying!

·
Registered
230 Posts
^^^what Jeff said.

Is the Mini-14 a Swedish NATO rifle designed to shoot Swedish "green" ammo? No..

If you are blowing primers ONLY with the Swede ammo, then get rid of the ammo.

If your Mini-14 doesn't meet your requirements, then get rid of the rifle.

No way in hell is "environmentally friendly" Swedish Nato equivalent to M193 or M855.

This really ain't hard to figure out.

M

21 - 34 of 34 Posts