Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I'm trying to find on the internet pistol grip stocks, for my mini 14, I can not find many places to look at the photos of the stock, has anyone got photos or web addresses on these military looking stocks.

Would like to buy in the near future.

thanks

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been useing a Butler Creek folder on mine for a few year now with now compliants. I just saw one at gunbroker.com for less than $100.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What would you guys recommend?
would the folding stocks have any problem with the bolt, that locks the stock in place?, will
this effect my shooting, if there is a little movement with the stock?

Thanks cajungeo
have you used this stock before?

:ar15:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have not had a problem with movement mine locks up tight. I like it because I take my Jeep camping ansd need a short gun to fit in it.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
No Sir, I haven't used it, I believe it was $64. Also some different styles are there including a folding stock for the mini.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks amosblack, for this information, I never thought about how easy that it would be to transport the rifle.

Hi cajungeo

Thanks for your photo & web address that you have given, I most likely will buy the stock from this website, as it sells to oversea people.

Do you think the stock in como would look good, or black????

About the folding stock, I have seen the price, it's about 169 american, where the non folding stocks are around 70 american. How can anyone justify the extra cost?

:confused:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
The stock type, and colors are just a personal preference thing. Its just whatever grabs ya. My preference is a black stock, because I like the "swat look", whereas a serious hunter may prefer the cammo, as it blends in with the terain. I once had a folding stock for my 10/22 I paid $29 for it. I sold the 10/22 and thru in the stock, gun and stock for $100. I didn't know about ban or preban. That stock was worth $140 after the ban. I kept the 2ea 50 shot mags I had paid $19 for as I found out after the ban there worth $150 each. Go figure!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi cajungeo

about this American political games, called the ban or preban of rifles, it sounds like garbage to me, even though I know this is within the system in America. I really do not understand politicians, except the basics, they serve themselves, not the people.

Is their another country or state that do not have these games so I can buy the folding stock at the normal price?.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
They want to disarm us, so they can have their way with us. We the people have a saying."If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns!"

·
Registered
31 Posts
gunrunner12 it is a National ban. I have a Fn-FAL Para also that I bought in the 80's for just over $1000, at the time I bought it I could have got a Colt AR-15, a Remington 870 and a Weatherby mag for the same price of the FN. Now that the ban is in place I have been offered $4000 for my FN, this is getting silly in the US and all the laws. I whould have sold it but I could never replace it now. I still whould have the problem of not being able to fit it in my Jeep. As for your problem just buy a new Butler Creek non forlding stock and remove the spacer that is made from plastic and cant be leagly removed in the states, but if you dont live in the states what can they do to you. It is real simple to do. I have a freind that lives in Canada that did this to his with a dremal tool. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is very EZ to. In the pic you show of the BC stock look at the Non folding arm, under the arm is a stoper that is round and plastic, just get out your dremmel and remove it. You cut it in half on one side rotate it 180 and cut it again on the other side. It is like a little plastic dounut. It keeps the arm from lowering in order to make the swing. Once it is gone you just push the arm down and swing it closed. It is very simple to see that you have to do once you have it in your hand. It is not EZ for me to paint a picture of how it is done for you with out you haveing one in you hand. Sorry if it seems a little vage but you should be ablpe to do it your self with on problem. The stoper in the pic is painter silver so it looks like it is steal but it is not.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi amosblack

at this time I have not orded this stock, I will in the future but right now I need to budget my money, well the very little money I have.

:ar15: :ar15:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi amosblack
I have had after market stocks before, it looks like this one Dragunov Stock.

http://www.nationlink.com/sksman/access/ru...ruger10_22.html

The problems that I had, was that the movement within the stock & the drop in 10/22 was so bad that the accuracy went down.

My barrel was standard, not the after market barrels that are very thick, this means that the movement within the housing of the stock was so bad that I had to put some rubber around the barrel.

The name of the stock was Ruger FiberForce Stock.

I still have the stock but am selling it, I use the standard ruger stock for now.

This is just an example of the risk that people take, when purchasing after market parts ect, their seems to be know standard they have to live up too.

:2guns:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Thats why I like this forum, we can draw from others experience, good or bad, then decide. I also go to gun shows so I can see for myself before I buy. Otherwise its like you say, we are taking a chance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a Fiber Force stock on a Mack 90 for a while but was not happy with the fit and took it off. I dont know if this is a fiber force thing or just a bad one. My butler creek stock fits very well. I dont know if I just got a good one or if the quality control is just better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts