Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a loss here. Been looking for misc mini 14 parts for the past week and thought I'd take a stab and see if you have any available or can lead me in the right direction. Looking for:
-2 Ruger Stock Reinforcement Screw Ruger Mini-14, Steel Matte
-4 Ruger Gas Block Screw Ruger Mini-14, Stainless Steel (more nickel than stainless)
-A front sight stainless/nickel

I bought a stainless mini off GunBroker and it stated that the front sight was removed. When they did, they completely marred the barrel. I've been looking for a new front sight that would cover the end 1 1/2" of the barrel like the original single blade sight would have. The screws I'm looking for are becuase they wreched them by using a screwdriver and hex wrench that didn;t fit. I've looked at some muzzle brakes with the sight attached but would have to actually cut the brake part off as we can't have brakes, flash suppressors or flash hiders in NY. I've looked for fake brakes with a sight as well with no luck. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Joe Canzano:(:confused:

· Registered
8,460 Posts
I'm at a loss here. Been looking for misc mini 14 parts for the past week and thought I'd take a stab and see if you have any available or can lead me in the right direction. Looking for:
-2 Ruger Stock Reinforcement Screw Ruger Mini-14, Steel Matte
-4 Ruger Gas Block Screw Ruger Mini-14, Stainless Steel (more nickel than stainless)
-A front sight stainless/nickel

I bought a stainless mini off GunBroker and it stated that the front sight was removed. When they did, they completely marred the barrel. I've been looking for a new front sight that would cover the end 1 1/2" of the barrel like the original single blade sight would have. The screws I'm looking for are becuase they wreched them by using a screwdriver and hex wrench that didn;t fit. I've looked at some muzzle brakes with the sight attached but would have to actually cut the brake part off as we can't have brakes, flash suppressors or flash hiders in NY. I've looked for fake brakes with a sight as well with no luck. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Joe Canzano:(:confused:
Go to gunpartscorp.com (i.e. Numrich). They have some fairly hard to find parts but be prepared to pay $$. Also check midwayusa.com for more common parts. Ruger will have all the parts, but will want you to send the piece in for some.

For a repair on a damaged front sight assembly, check with gundoc at Welcome to Great West Gunsmithing He may be able to suggest something - if a shorter bbl is legal in NY, he may be able to do a "cut 'n crown" job and replace the entire FSB assembly. Talk to him, he's the expert, I am not.

FWIW, numrich does stock replacement barrels if the piece was royally s******, but a gunsmith will have to do the install and set the headspace. If you send the piece in to Ruger for factory repairs, ask to have a spare firing pin fitted - that's the most desirable of the hard to find parts out there.

Good luck,
Grumpy

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to gunpartscorp.com (i.e. Numrich). They have some fairly hard to find parts but be prepared to pay $$. Also check midwayusa.com for more common parts. Ruger will have all the parts, but will want you to send the piece in for some.

For a repair on a damaged front sight assembly, check with gundoc at Welcome to Great West Gunsmithing He may be able to suggest something - if a shorter bbl is legal in NY, he may be able to do a "cut 'n crown" job and replace the entire FSB assembly. Talk to him, he's the expert, I am not.

FWIW, numrich does stock replacement barrels if the piece was royally s******, but a gunsmith will have to do the install and set the headspace. If you send the piece in to Ruger for factory repairs, ask to have a spare firing pin fitted - that's the most desirable of the hard to find parts out there.

Good luck,
Grumpy
Thanks for the reply...Midway and Ruger have nothing and Numrich only had the as block screws. Killing me. I did sent a message to Doc. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.