Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am new to my mini 14 ranch. I put a cabelas "folding" stock on it about 8 months ago. I fired it then and it worked fine. I fired it today and it did not rechamber the next round.I tried several times. It seems that the bolt can't go back from the pressure as it should. I tried changing manufacturers ammo with no luck. My ammo works fine in my friends ar-15. I am using after market 30 round clips I got from shotgun news back when they could be sold. Is there some resourse on the net to teach me how this gun works? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem with my first mini,using wolf brand ammo(the rim is to thin to feed reliably).Check your bolt out see if it is dirty,some times using a spray on cleaner will make things worse as it leaves a sticky mess behind while cleaning out most of the **** but not all.Next use your factory mag and see if the problem persists.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Try checking your recoil spring to see if it was installed improperly. The recoil spring should fit tightly around the recoil guide rod. There is a small opening and a large opening. Good luck R6721

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem with the rim of winchester
ammo being too thin. Also AR's you can shoot anything
out of them, so don't think that just because it works in an AR it will work in a mini-14. I would suggest that you buy a box and not a case of ammo first to see if it really does work, I already made that mistake.

·
Registered
175 Posts
most of the time when an auto fails to feed, its the clip, not the ammo, try the factory ruger clip and i bet yer probs are over, i have a USA 10 round mag that would do the same thing, it got better after i 'tuned' the mag lips with a small hammer good luck, gut

·
Registered
10 Posts
:rapid: Check the magazine> Alot of aftermarket mags are not formed properly and need to be "tweaked" If you are not familiar with ths see your local gunsmith, so that you don' t render the magazine totally unusable:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts