Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slacker
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Mini-14 Tactical and I am mounting a GG&G rail on it for my optic.

Ruger Mini 14 Accessories | Ruger Mini 14 Scope Mounts for Ranch Rifles

Does anyone have a Nikon M-223 optic on their Mini-14 in the Nikon M-223 mount? To do this you would need the Warne or GG&G rail mounted over the chamber in place of the factory rings. I am wondering how high a rail places the optic in a Nikon M-223 mount over the bore if mounted as such. Pictures are appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just bought a Mini-14 Tactical and I am mounting a GG&G rail on it for my optic.

Ruger Mini 14 Accessories | Ruger Mini 14 Scope Mounts for Ranch Rifles

Does anyone have a Nikon M-223 optic on their Mini-14 in the Nikon M-223 mount? To do this you would need the Warne or GG&G rail mounted over the chamber in place of the factory rings. I am wondering how high a rail places the optic in a Nikon M-223 mount over the bore if mounted as such. Pictures are appreciated.

Thanks.
Don't know about your particular question but I have that scope (3-12x42 SF BDC 600) on a Rem. 700 Tactical in .223 and it works very good. With the proper mount and rings, it should work well on the Mini. FYI - there are three models/versions of the M-223 scope. Make sure you get the one that is right for you.

·
Slacker
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am getting the 1-4x20 m-223, figuring this rifle is not a 600yd precision platform, but something I could engage with this optic out to 200+ with reasonable 1-3MOA. If I need more magnification I can move this to one of my ARs.

I am curious about how high the Nikon m-223 mount with the 1-4x20 optic in it on a GG&G scope rail will look.

·
Registered
218 Posts
the m223 mount is a canted base to give you more elevation at longer ranges .
I think you will be way to high for a decent cheek weld.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I agree, plus that mount is designed to push the scope forward on an AR. I would stck with the Ruger rings. The less stuff bolted together the better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts