Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Just a heads up for those of you looking to add to your inventory of mags for the -14.
I wanted to round out my 20 and 30 mags to five each(needed one of the 20 and two of the 30),
but didn't want to pay $90 plus for the 30 around the web.
Ordered from Ruger on 4/13 and they will arrive tomorrow.
Yeah, it's $39.99 and $49.95 factory pricing, but it's the steel factory mags.
I was originally told six to eight weeks, but three weeks is nice.
Jack

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought my Mini-14 30-round factory magazines new in 1984, over-the-counter for $16.17 each... then found out that that was about an 18-month window during which Sturm Ruger was making them available commercially before removing them from public availability.

Had good success with magazines for that carbine... even a USA 40-rounder worked and continues to work 'til this day.

Best one I had, though, was a "plastic" 35-rounder (with a negator spring) made by Eagle Industries. Worked 'til about seven years ago when the seam on the rear separated and rounds stopped feeding.

Both my RamLine (also with negator springs) 30s work flawlessly to this day, almost 30 years later!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had the same good luck with Ruger, and not one of them has mis-fed.
AR's have cheaper mags, but these are so good I have no complaint on price.
I love my mini NRA and wouldn't trade it for an AR as I can clean mine in a fraction
of the time, and not near as often.

Oldarmy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good to know a time line for delivery from Ruger , I thought it was a miracle to find 4 ea. 30 round Steel Pro Mags. " Two don't seat correctly " I think I will just order Factory from now on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.