Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new member here. I was referred from a member on THR.
I hope this is the right section...

Anybody know what manufacture these 30 round Mini-14 mags are?
The closest I can find (same drain holes, follower shape, etc) are Precision Mag Industries but the floorplates are unmarked and most of the pics of those I've seen say PMI on the floorplate. Ruger Mini-14 Mag types & pictures

Pretty sure we bought these before the '94 AWB, and they aren't LE marked.
Rifle was sold a while back so I'd like to list these for sale since there is no gun for them

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
169 Posts
Those ARE indeed PMI's. I have over 10 of them and only 2 of them have marked floorplates. The main giveaway is the offset ploorplate tabs, but also the mag shape/design/construction just scream PMI. They could also be Federal Ordnance or maybe even Bingham but PMI bought out those companies and when compared, its practically impossible to tell the difference. The 2 Bingham 40s I have are only identifiable by the "waffle marks" in the bluing. If you are indeed selling them I'd appreciate a PM from you about price cuz I'd very probably be interested

·
Registered
169 Posts
When people talk about what mags to buy it usually goes something like this: "Just bite the bullet and spend the $ to get factory, don't bother with aftermarket mags. Well, except for PMI/Fed Ord..." They seem to be the only aftermarket magazine that 9 out of 10 people will say function just as, or nearly as flawless, as Ruger Factory Mags

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those ARE indeed PMI's. I have over 10 of them and only 2 of them have marked floorplates. The main giveaway is the offset ploorplate tabs, but also the mag shape/design/construction just scream PMI. They could also be Federal Ordnance or maybe even Bingham but PMI bought out those companies and when compared, its practically impossible to tell the difference. The 2 Bingham 40s I have are only identifiable by the "waffle marks" in the bluing. If you are indeed selling them I'd appreciate a PM from you about price cuz I'd very probably be interested
For some reason I can't PM, it says I don't have enough access or something Could you email me at ayostdsu....at....gmail.com

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
For some reason I can't PM, it says I don't have enough access or something Could you email me at ayostdsu....at....gmail.com
You have to have at least 10 post I think before you can pm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.