Perfect Union banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Mini for about 3 weeks now but still haven't had the time to get to the range or desert to shoot it. While monkeying around with it getting myself familiar with the rifle I noticed that most of the mags, factory Ruger and off brand, 10 rounds can be a bit difficult to insert as well as pull from the mag well when releasing. Is this tight fit something that will "loosen up" with use over time? I don't expect the mag to drop when I push the button but it takes some force to insert and extract. What say you. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
With the bolt closed the top round is pressing against the bottom of the bolt as you insert the magazine into the well. You are essentially having to compress the mag spring a bit more to get the magazine to lock in. Similar for removing the magazine, the top round is pressed against the bottom of the bolt creating a tighter fit that when a mag is empty. With use the mating surfaces between the mag well and magazine will wear in and empty mags can be removed easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts