Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 19 Posts

· Registered
8,460 Posts
It seems as of late, for some unknown reason, I felt the need to acquire several of the 20 round Mini 14 mags.

What are you guys using to carry a few spares around in either a pouch or chest rig configuration? I've looked at some 20 round AK belt pouches is the closest thing I can find.

No wheelbarrows allowed!
Haven't made one yet, but I have been considering using some 20 round AK pouches and adding a shoulder strap. I have a couple of the Romanian 40 round pouches with shoulder straps (too long for the 20 rounders - they get lost in all that canvas) that work great with 30 round AK mags. Love the ability to grab a rifle and a shoulder bag with my ammo supply for mobility, way quicker to grab and go than with a vest. And if I need to ditch it for some reason, way quicker to get it off and under cover and go back to the 'civilian look'.

All the best,
Grumpy

· Registered
8,460 Posts
I've got these as my low-key SHTF rigs:

TEOTWAWKI Blog: Review: HawkePak Quick N' Dirty Essentials Bag

Hawkepaks.com, Inc. for EMS, PPE supplies

They now come with a belt as well (which was a prior weakness mentioned in that review). I follow bwraven's method of using Magpuls on 20rders inside. Easy to get at.

The original role model for that bag: Terrorist Interdiction Bag (TIB) .

The T.I.B. Review - YouTube
NICE! I like it. A bit more versatile than my 4x mags + oil bottle + AKM setup.

All the best,
Grumpy

1 - 2 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.