Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
...I was waiting for that exact argument to come up.

They don't even understand what they are trying to regulate. Its like the DMV saying you need a special license to drive a red car because they're fast and dangerous.

Its all a bunch of horse manure.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
LaPierre mentioned the Mini-14 at a hearing a few weeks ago and I cringed a bit. Let's try to stay under the radar. :lol:
Too late for that. The mini 14 was front and center at Steinberg's hearing in Kali. Proposed ban would be on any long arm with a detachable magazine. The mini was sandwiched in between an AR and a beta C-mag in the display.

See the thread http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/ruge...lifornia-gun-grabbers-discover-mini-14-a.html

They know darn' well what it is and its on the menu at the state level, while Feinstein goes through the motions about protecting it at the federal level.

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Someone needs to design a non-detachable magazine that can be reloaded quickly from the bottom using stripper clips. Or something that opens from the side that can be reloaded using some kind of speed loader. It can be done, and if it's not detachable it could hold as many rounds as the designer likes.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Someone needs to design a non-detachable magazine that can be reloaded quickly from the bottom using stripper clips. Or something that opens from the side that can be reloaded using some kind of speed loader. It can be done, and if it's not detachable it could hold as many rounds as the designer likes.
The M14/M1A already has it. There's a stripper clip guide that's on the top rear of the receiver. While I pray we can defeat all of the proposed gun restrictions, having Ruger incorporate this feature would be great, regardless of the outcome.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Everyone needs to stop catering to the tyrants in government that try to add conditions and nonsensical restrictions to your rights. Suppose they require mandatory water drinking while operating your firearm. Would you install a straw and water resevoir into the stock of your rifle, that disengages the safety only while you suck at the straw? Is that any stupider than what they already ask for?

Stop dancing to their tune!

·
Registered
495 Posts
The M14/M1A already has it. There's a stripper clip guide that's on the top rear of the receiver. While I pray we can defeat all of the proposed gun restrictions, having Ruger incorporate this feature would be great, regardless of the outcome.
This has already been done for the mini-14. A stripper clip guide that slots into the the plate cover for the slide stop/BHO. Takes M16 metal stripper clips.

Legal wise, this does nothing for you. SAFE act specifies stripper clips the same as 10 round mags. NONE FOR YOU. Doubt the fed version is any better.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This has already been done for the mini-14. A stripper clip guide that slots into the the plate cover for the slide stop/BHO. Takes M16 metal stripper clips.

Legal wise, this does nothing for you. SAFE act specifies stripper clips the same as 10 round mags. NONE FOR YOU. Doubt the fed version is any better.
I don't live anywhere near NY, or Kalifornia, so I can own what ever I want. Do you have a link to the receiver mounted stripper clip guides? Even if something like this is currently being made, it would be better if it were part of the receiver like an M14

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.