Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I have just been to the gun dealer & bought a Harris Bipod Mini 14 ( Bipod Adapter ) this makes the harris bipod useable for the mini 14.

Question: do I have to use a swivel thing that hold the sling on, I have nothing for the front end of the rifle, by the gas block.

I'm trying to understand the instructions but I find that it's very hard.

The adapter is model 14 Harris.

Any information on how to put this adapter on, would be great, maybe some photos is any.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Confounded instuctions! gunrunner, I didn't have a clear picture to work with, but it appears the adaptor attaches to the front sling swivel hole, if so you would need to remove the front swivel from your mini, then grasping the adaptor, pull out on the side post of the fwd attach point (like an uncle mikes QD swivel), and rotate back, or fwd, then just stick the pin in the hole, and lock the side post in place. It appears the slop is adjusted by a little screw on the front of the adaptor which will put pressure on the bottom of the gas block. The verticle part of the adaptor appears to fit up against the gas block. It looks simple from where I sit. About 30 seconds, after you remove your front swivel. Will grab a :beer: and give you some moral support. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your information:

I have phoned the local gun dealer & asked him about the mini 14 adapter, he did say at the end that I have to have the swivel ( that holds the sling ) so the adapter can hold onto the rifle, it uses the swivel ( ring ) to hold onto the rifle.

I do not have the swivel ( ring ) on the front of my rifle, so I must buy one & hope from then on, I can use the harris bipod to shoot better with.

Any more information or if you think I have this wrong, would be welcomed. I do not want to go out & buy another part if not needed, need to save money...

:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.