Perfect Union banner

Mini-14 GB Shoots High

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  BillVan 
#1 ·
Hello all, new to this board... glad I found you!

Here's my latest Mini-14 prob.
181 series Mini GB folder in 95%, bought used on an auction, upon receiving, took to range and found it to shoot 12" too high, discovered previous ower had filed the front sight/bayo lug about 1/8".

Sent the rifle to Ruger to have sight replaced, now that its back it still shoots 12" high (@ 50 yds). Rear is all the way down so there is no more adjustment.

Mounted to another Mini factory stock (full) thinking maybe was warped or something, made no difference. Still 12" high.

Any ideas? Need to keep close to original to preserve GB value (if there is any)

Thanks in advance

Discussion starter · #3 ·
To Special Poop,

I was expecting that! That's OK, it's dead on if I shoot from Texas to your state! HE HE HE :D

Thought about a red dot, in process of adding, I just thought it would be nice to have the sites for B/U

BTW crazy as it sounds even though it shoots 12" high, groups under 1/2" at 50 (3 shot grp)

Thanks for the welcome, I'll be ready for you next time!

:rapid:

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I was considering the Ultimak Scout for the mount, did a search but didn't find any "results" I've got an Aimpoint ML2 set up on a M4, thought I'd move it over just to see how it felt!

I have 5 other GB's three shoot really good... tighter than what I've seen posted on this board, the other 2 are NIB stuffed in the safe for a rainy day. (Got really crazy with tax refund and once I got started, couldn't stop)

Discussion starter · #11 ·
"NIB" means New in Box. These are pristine never been fired, could be used for SHTF but since I am lucky to have other more suitable... these are mainly collector/investment pieces.
Right about batteries, we agree on iron sights as back-up.

Regarding Family kit... besides defensive weapons and the ammo to support them along with spare parts, cleaning and maint. Food and water are probably the most important. Alot of guys think weapons are the only SHTF item they need... and they stated that they will take whatever they need. This will be a short lived episode for them. At some point they will come up against someone that has the means to defeat them and then they would be dead. Special consideration must be taken while prep'ing a Family Kit. List below are some things to think about:
1. If kids are young, what will they need?
2. Stay put or try to escape area for a more secure position.
3. Transportation... on foot cross country, vehicle?
4. Transporting of your equipment, how heavy, how much, who can carry what?
5. Who to trust?
6. Communications with others in your party

I could go on forever... start thinking and preparing now when it happens there will not be enough time for prep. Then you will be stuck like cattle waiting to be slaughtered. We spend trillions (our military) as a country for SHTF contingencies... 911 should have taught every freedom loving man that you need to be prepared to protect yourself and your family, the government can't protect you. Good Luck! Sorry for my rambling. I'm better now:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.