Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The firing pin on my Mini 14 ranch rifle broke after approx 3000 rounds. I got an aftermarket pin from Gun Parts Corp,and that pin broke after 60 rounds.Anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?The bolt seems to be in good shape, but I did find the buffer bushing is cracked. Could that be the problem?I would like to try to fix the problem rather than sending it back to Ruger. TIA

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Calvin, Join the club. I just had a broken firing pin on my Ranch as well. Actually, 3,000 rounds was about what I had shot. I got it fixed for free under warranty. I was told that perhaps because I shoot lots of M193 5.56 that perhaps the military primer was to tough for the civilian firing pin? Others have told me that's not correct and that dry firing was the cause...In any case, there is a place called Accuracy Systems something or other, that customizes the Mini 14. I will find their correct e mail address and post it. I understand that a TI firing pin is available and that maybe this would prevent future breakage.

Larry:usa:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts