Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Get_Sum
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it all started with a 197 series mini 14 in the traditional wooden stock. Then put it into a butler creek side folder and ran iron sights for awile. I then put a utg quad rail system with a cheap tasco red dot sight and a vertical grip with bipod. I was less than satisfied with the utg system and picked up an ati stock a couple years ago, still ran the cheap tasco until I saved up and got the aimpoint holographic sight. then 3x magnifier came shortly after as well as the angled foregrip. I personally like the AFG a lot better than a vertical grip bc there is less felt strain on your wrist since it is in a more natural position, they are also a lot sleeker and don't snag surfaces often like a vertical grip will. I then decided to make it into a more long range type platform so i took my mini 30 synthetic ruger stock, textured it and painted it then added a rail on the buttstock for a cheek riser as well as a rail on the forend for a bipod along with a busnell 3-9 power with a lighted rectical....I plan on putting an accustrut xdrill a m1a style flash suppressor and a trigger job. All input and advice is greatly welcomed and appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
where is this mini in the accuracy continuum?

Hi Hemi:
What kind of groups do you get with it now? Just wondering what your starting point is. Can't go wrong with a trigger job though. A lot of the guys like GunDoc. I'm working into a job a Brimstone Gunsmithing so I would recommend us;). With mine I was getting a random group generator so the flier (s) would ruin groups of 5 shots with regularity, 2-3 moa due to one flyer. I cut the barrel to 16.25" and crowned it. Installed a Choate Machine flash suppressor and using 62 grain Nato rds it consistently prints right at 1 to 1.2 moa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.