Perfect Union banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an optic that can get that low on the Mini?

Feel free to describe any rail optic combo that may work.

Pics if possible.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Many use Amega Ranges rails with dot scopes or shotgun scopes. The rail has a channel for co-witness. There are a lot to view in the gallery.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
My Mini 14 cowitnesses the Bushnell TRS-25 mounted on an Ultimak rail. It's my favorite setup. The red dot sits right on top of the front sight blade of my stock Ruger 582 series Tactical sight when lined up through the Tech Sights rear sight. Raising my eye a couple millimeters gives me the typical red sight picture.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Many use Amega Ranges rails with dot scopes or shotgun scopes. The rail has a channel for co-witness. There are a lot to view in the gallery.
Um, that isn't co-witness ...

The pic of the TRS-25 is co-witnessed.

And thanks to HeadedtoTexas for the pics. Just received the TRS-25 in the mail, and have an Amega mount on the way. I was hoping it would co-witness, and It looks like it will. As long as the mounts are about the sam height...

I will post up when I get mine together.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Um, that isn't co-witness ...

The pic of the TRS-25 is co-witnessed.

And thanks to HeadedtoTexas for the pics. Just received the TRS-25 in the mail, and have an Amega mount on the way. I was hoping it would co-witness, and It looks like it will. As long as the mounts are about the sam height...

I will post up when I get mine together.

Thanks again!
Yes please keep us updated and also post more pics if you can. I too am interested in this. God Bless :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Anyone know if the Aimpoint Micros T1, H1 and R1 cowitness on the Ultimak? My T1s are on my ARs but an H1 and R1 are not in use. Want to run either on my 182 with Tech rear and Choate FS unit.

I've read the Amega is a skoosh too high for cowitness. Friend has one - I should see if the Micros will cowitness on his Mini.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I've never seen the Amega rail firsthand, but I have read that it doesn't sit as low as the Ultimak version. I'm guessing there are several Amega users here who could weigh in on this. I'm not sure about the Aimpoint sights either, but they look very similar in design to the TRS-25 (or perhaps more accurately, the TRS-25 was designed a lot like the Aimpoint Micro line). My guess is that you could see the Aimpoint dot through the irons just like I see the Bushnell dot in the photos above.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Received and installed an Ultimak rail on my 182 today. No problems with installation.

Mounted a Aimpoint R-1 (a silver H1). Cowitness - lower one third - no problem at all. :D

Perfect setup for me.

Thanks again to headedtotexas.

YMMV

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Received and installed an Ultimak rail on my 182 today. No problems with installation.

Mounted a Aimpoint R-1 (a silver H1). Cowitness - lower one third - no problem at all. :D

Perfect setup for me.

Thanks again to headedtotexas.

YMMV
I'm gonna have to call BS on this one. Unless you got pics, it didnt happen.
😁

·
Registered
32 Posts
I added an Amega mount with a TRS-25. It DOES NOT cowitness. the sights line up with the base of the scope rim and are not useable at all with the scope mounted.
I have since ditched the Red Dot in favor of a Leatherwood LER 2-7 scope. The scope does not co-witness either, but at least the scope is on QD rings so if it has a problem, off it goes.
Best solution I have so far ...

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm gonna have to call BS on this one. Unless you got pics, it didnt happen.
��
Sorry - forgot about the pics requirement - here you go:
182 with Tech Sight & Choate bird cage front sight unit-

I've also gone a little overboard with red dot sights and scopes:rolleyes:. Aimpoints and Eotech here - the H1 is mounted on the barreled action of the Woodchucker Tactical we're working on:

Woodchucker Tactical - a work in progress...:D - shhh! even has a 10 round extended mag:eek:: (Sadly - this combo does not allow co-witness thus the RMR -RM08A 12.9 MOA Dual Illuminated Triangle)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts